Solitude

Random scribbles by Sarawr.

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 09 Aug 2008, 18:48

Solitude

I was sent to be trained as a sentinel to follow in the footsteps of my mother. My sister had already become one and she wielded the blades and the bow better than me. I trusted the staff more than a cutting blade and wandered off to the woods whenever I could. Though it was not what they expected from me and I often found myself in trouble.

She sat leaning against a tree in Ashenvale near the shrine. Her eyes observing the peaceful surroundings yet she knew the peace wouldn't last long. There was a tense of disturbance in the air that she felt and it made her shift with unease.

"There you are!"

She quickly stood on her feet eyeing the elf with awareness. A sigh passed her lips as she realized who it was and saluted the sentinel with respect. "Sentinel Palemoon."
"Sentinel Starwhisper, you have done it again!"
"I know," she sighed and stared off to the distance. "Forgive me, Anuviel."
"This cannot continue, Aedelia!" she frowned. "Seliana won't be pleased when she hears of this."
"She doesn't have to know!"
"But I do already."

They turned to look at the elf who sat mounted on a mistsaber, holding a spear in her hand and three other sentinels stood behind her. Anuviel and Aedelia saluted the woman. "Commander Starwhisper."
"At ease sentinels," the commander said and tilted her head a bit. "You three, continue to the strand and keep an eye to the horde activity there, you're on lead Sentinel Delana."
"As you command!" the three said in unison and rode towards the northwest. Aedelia frowned and leaned against the staff she was carrying.

"I am certainly not pleased to see this happening again, Aedelia!"
"But mother!" she started but shrieked as a bolt of shadow hit her back. She fell on her knees and growled as Anuviel and Seliana swiftly reacted at the coming attack. "Take Aedelia to safe distance, Anuviel! I will hold off the cultists!"
She turned to aid Aedelia to her feet but as they started to move on, they were surrounded. "Commander!"
"What?!" Seliana growled and peered over her shoulder. She frowned. "Against the tree! We must make a stand and show no quarter!"
"They are too many," Aedelia whispered.

As the cultists advanced outnumbering the three elves they heard a loud growl and the shrieks of pain echoed in the air as arrows found their targets from the cultists. Seliana saw the opportunity and charged at the nearest human piercing his heart with her blade viciously fighting and defending her daughter.

Anuviel took hold of her sword, still supporting Aedelia with her other arm, yet stood observing the ongoing fight. The cultists fell one by one while others escaped and it was soon over. Large group of sentinels along with priestess and druids stepped forward. The priestess swiftly saw to the wounds of Seliana. "I thought I sent you to the strand," she eyed Delana who had returned along with the other sentinels. "The movement of the cultists brought us here," Delana explained. "I sent sentinel Moonwatcher to call the sentinels from Maestra's Post."
"And she was right to do so," one of the druids spoke.
"Of course," Seliana grinned. "Shan'do Glaivestorm, see to it that our daughter is safe."

They saw that my training wasn't successful. That perhaps I had some other potential in me. The years I spent praying to the Elune to guide me after I was sent to the priesthood, I found myself more often within the woods than the temples.

The stream of water flowed steadily forward, escaping from the fingers that touched the rivers surface breaking it and a smile formed on her face as she listened intently at the sounds surrounding her. She stood alarmed as the sounds faded, her hand reaching at the staff. A crack of a stick breaking made her turn and glare at the panther that had been lurking near her.

A sigh passed through her lips and she shook her head folding her arms as she stared at the animal. Its fur stirred in the wind and soon the elf stood before her. "They are looking for you," he spoke with concern and took step towards her, she snarled at him and turned away. "Where are you going?" he asked but she didn't answer as she continued towards the south knowing well he was following her. "You must stop doing this, Aedelia. Your mother isn't happy that you run off like this."

She halted and faced the man. "It is not the path I wish to follow!" she cried. "Shan'do Mistwhisper, please. I beg of you. Teach me."
"You know well it is against--"
"They don't have to know!" she sighed interrupting him. Turning on her heels she continued towards south but halted as she noticed movement at the other side of the river. "Hide, quickly!" she heard him shouting and she ran behind the trees to meld into the shadows observing from the spot what was happening. He had quickly changed form into a panther again and cautiously eyed the woods.

Their concern was in vain though as a group of sentinels came worth. The commander of the group stood out and shouted; "Have you found her yet?"
He changed forms again and bowed deep before the commander. "I have not, Seliana. Your daughter is immensely difficult to find each passing day," he grinned.
"Keep on looking then," she sighed. "We are heading back to Astranaar now."
"I trust you will be well," he smiled. "Give my regards to Melferran if he has returned. He went to the west searching for her."
"Good," Seliana nodded. "Find her. I will search north after we have rested at Astranaar."
"I will keep my eyes open!" he shouted after her as the sentinels ran towards the road swiftly.

He waited before walking towards the trees and saw her sitting and leaning against the tree. She faced him with curiosity in her eyes. "This the second time you do that," she smiled and he sat next to her. "Wh-" she couldn't finish as he lifted his finger and pressed it on her lips to make her silent. "Because," he grinned.

Had he not decided to teach me, my future would've been different. My father soon realised what was going on but he understood and they kept it hidden. But then came the time when they travelled to den's and to the Emerald Dream and I couldn't follow. I was on my own.

Gentle wind from the east made the leafs dance and she watched them with a smile on her face, leaning against a tree. She heard footsteps nearby and tilted her head to see who it was. Yet she didn't stand up as Anuviel came into the sight along with Delana and two other sentinels.

"I saw other patrol passing by not long ago," Aedelia said making the sentinels aware of her presence. "What is it with the increase of them?"
"Unless you have seen any orcs around I suppose you can't help us," Delana snarled at her. "Mother is worried, Aedelia."
"I know that she is!" she frowned. "And you are right, I can't help you with that. Haven't seen anything."
"Very well then," Delana nodded. "Anuviel, see to it that she gets back home."
"As you command," she saluted and took steps towards Aedelia while Delana and the other two sentinels continued on their patrol.

"Come on now," Anuviel sighed and waited. Aedelia peered up at her. "You don't want to get in trouble, right?" she grinned at the sentinel. Without waiting for an answer, she stood up and gathered the few belongings she had with her. Anuviel watched the young druidess with concern.
"They don't look upon you well, you know that?" she whispered. Aedelia halted staring at her. "Is it wrong that I have taken the same path as my father did?" she fell quiet for a moment before continuing. "That I willingly carry his name?"
"Seliana worries about you," Anuviel continued. "That you too will enter the Dream."
"But I shall not," she nodded and they walked through the woods towards the road. "And next time," she sighed. "Next time you will not find me."

Where can I find the answer if I don't remember? My memory is faint as if there is a thick fog surrounding my mind and it prevents me to reach for the answers to the questions of my past. I had lived within the woods for decades as I spent most of my lifetime as a panther. I was lost in that form.

The golden eyes stared at the shrine, her fur stirred in the evening air and she started to clean herself carefully watching and listening. Something familiar was within that shrine as it was where she seemed to return, making her residence within the nearby woods.

She lifted her head and peered around soon seeing three sentinels armed, walking around the shrine patrolling the area. The panther felt a shiver through herself and she growled, lowering herself. They had spotted her and now walked carefully towards her holding to their blades alarmed.

"Halt!" Anuviel raised her arm and the sentinels stood on their place, staring at the panther. "Who are you, druid?" she questioned, the panther lifted and tilted her head trying to understand the strange yet familiar speech. "Swift your form and speak," Anuviel commanded.
"Might be another savagekin," the other sentinel suggested. Anuviel shook her head and turned towards the sentinel. "Sentinel Moonwatcher, shan'do Mistwhisper shouldn't be far now. He may help us and this druid."
"As you command," she saluted and started running. The panther stared at the leaving sentinel but cowered at the sight of the other two. They fell in silence as if waiting and they didn't have to wait for long as the sentinels and a druid returned to them.

"Shan'do Mistwhisper," Anuviel bowed her head. "Ilithior, we found another."
"So it seems," he sighed and folded his arms peering at the growling panther. "What did the sisters say about this one?"
"They had seen her around here quite many times," Anuviel replied. Ilithior nodded and walked closer towards the panther and she stood on her paws, growling louder. "Easy now," he smiled. "You can do it if you want to. If you really wish to return to us."

She stared at the elf, tilting her head as she felt the same familiar sensation again. As he reached out to touch her snout, her fur stirred and eyes widened. Her growl changed into a gasp and a hacking cough, her purple hair falling wildly at the sides of her face. Ilithior blinked once, Anuviel stared at the druidess in surprise.

"Ilithior," she managed to mumble after a moment. He smiled and grasped hold of the worn out elf, embracing her tightly and placing a kiss on her forehead. "I thought you were gone!"
"I was," she laughed half-heartedly, then peered at Anuviel. "You're Commander now?"
"Yes," she nodded. "We need to talk."

I learned that mother was missing, presumed dead, and they showed me the grave where my sister was laid rest. Father was at one of the dens in Moonglade resting, sisters watching over his well being. Ilithior had returned from the Dream to aid the sentinels in search for other savagekins, but mostly because he wanted to know if I was there and if I were alright. It has been some time now and he returned to the Dream. Something was wrong and my father had gone ill. But after months staying within the dream he returned in madness and ran away. Sisters are telling me that my father is dying.

I am on my own again.
Traest wrote:RP is like farting. If you have to force it, it's probably shit.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Sarawr

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 22 Aug 2008, 19:08

kerflab.

Sarawr

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 04 Sep 2009, 21:20

Updated story with something fresh.
May contain punch of mistakes and missing words.

Sarawr

Topic/Postby Visions of Gaea » 30 Oct 2011, 17:08

Really cool! Didn't know there was so much talent in wow rpers. :) Are you planning on continuing the story?
Visions of Gaea
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 30 Oct 2011, 19:48

Thank you. :)
I usually write stories for all my characters. I am not quite sure if I will continue this; it seems unfinished but the character itself has long since gone from the game itself (racechanged). Although, it doesn't really hinder the possibility to continue the story itself even if the character doesn't exist anymore. Will see. :)

Sarawr

Return to Tail's Tales