Beta

The Black Temple was merely a setback. Again.

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 13 May 2016, 16:03

Beta

So, been having a go at beta today. Here's what I think. Some parts I'll put behind spoiler tags (read if you wish, but I advise not if you want to hold some things a surprise once the game goes live).

Demon hunter as a class seems quite solid and fun to play. I have only tested havoc and I like it. Starting area is decent and smooth, with interesting characters everywhere. Haven't done the artifact quest yet to see how it plays. My demon hunter is night elf and I named her Ilvaria. I also created a blood elf death knight (all created characters start at 100) and did the Frost artifact quest, and I must say...

[+] First
It's brilliant and surprising! I didn't expect to hear the Lich King after so long but it was obvious. For Frost the artifact weapons are made from the shards of Frostmourne. Afterwards, a death knight gains a new title, Deathlord, within Ebon Blade. Once you are done with your artifact quest you are free to choose the area to go to next. I went to aid Sylvanas, who is now the warchief of the Horde after Vol'jin dies from his wounds he got from the battle at the Broken Shores.

I have yet to see the Broken Isles through Alliance but I will get there eventually. So far I haven't encountered many bugs but I'm sure there are plenty (majority were at least complaining about the bug related to mage artifact quest, which made it impossible to complete).

After finishing a few quests it's actually nice that there is no need to group up with others to kill the mobs everywhere. You get the credit either way and no need to wait for respawns (unless the mob was killed before you managed to get there, then you'd have to wait but not for long).

I am liking what I see so far and I am excited to see the cinematics they have created for Legion. There are currently placeholders, so can't really say much about them. Stories seem interesting and I'm eager to explore the new areas. I guess that's all what I had in mind for now. :)
Traest wrote:RP is like farting. If you have to force it, it's probably shit.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Sarawr

Topic/Postby Juste » 13 May 2016, 19:47

Just trying to cope with not having beta access here.

Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
3 people like this post.
Juste
Halberd enthusiast

Topic/Postby Juste » 30 May 2016, 20:55

"Beta Key Contest: Winners will be selected and keys will go out sometime on Monday or Tuesday. A note will be added here when winners are selected."

Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Juste
Halberd enthusiast

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 12 Jun 2016, 05:28

A question for you all: what would you like to see? I can go around and take screenshots and short videos of things for you. :3

Sarawr

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 19 Jun 2016, 10:10

I'd like to see Stormwind, the new Stormwind (I read somewhere it will be altered, to have a park again)
If there are changes to other cities I'd like to see that as well.

And something that has nothing to do with anything, I'd like a screenshot of the blue recluse in beta, just to see the future of the blue recluse :Q (I wonder if Serendipity will now be the barmaid NPC)
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 19 Jun 2016, 11:09

I have already posted a screenshot of the park in question and it's the very first image on this thread. I am not sure if there will be changes to other cities but I think the park is major one for Stormwind.

Sarawr

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 19 Jun 2016, 11:44

I missed it, sorry

Is Serendipity an NPC in the blue recluse now?
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 19 Jun 2016, 14:27

Pretty much unlikely to find Dips there unless Blizz had a good reason to create one, which I doubt they have.

Sarawr

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 04 Jul 2016, 10:25

I think she should be an NPC there just cause it would be awesome, or she could be the new vendor for the cheese and wine shop in dalaran.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Juste » 12 Jul 2016, 18:06

So now I have Beta after failing the 1st key competition and stopping paying attention to the others. Just like that. Sneaky Blizz.
2 people like this post.
Juste
Halberd enthusiast

Return to World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth