Next expansion speculation and spoilers

The Black Temple was merely a setback. Again.

Topic/Postby Toot » 14 Sep 2017, 10:44

That's the rumour I'd heard.
Probably will be when we next see Jaina too.
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Shevron » 14 Sep 2017, 11:21

Yeah we are overdue a big announcement now.

How many Hearthstone expansion announcements do we have to suffer through before something good comes our way?
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Lilandris likes this post.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Juste » 22 Sep 2017, 12:58

Last PTR patch had some stuff.

[+] spoiler
In his last spiteful act Sargeras throws his sword at Azeroth attempting to kill the titan world soul causing a huge wound or crater on Silithus.

Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Juste
Halberd enthusiast

Topic/Postby Gergel » 22 Sep 2017, 13:59

Wait... Sargeras' last spiteful act? Are we going to battle the Dark Titan in this expansion?
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Juste » 23 Oct 2017, 10:00

From MMO

Patch 7.3 - Character Races
This weekend there has been lots of excitement in the Expansion Hype Thread about the addition of entries to the ChrRaces database file.

Patch 7.3 added entries to the file for the Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Void Elves, and Lightforged Draenei.
Many of the races in this file are playable character races, but some are just NPCs, such as the Naga, Vrykul, Tuskarr, and others.
The last NPC race was added to this database during Wrath of the Lich King.
All four entries have a character select screen background set.
None of the new races are used in-game on a creature except Lightforged Draenei.
All four entries are flagged as being unplayable, set to a Neutral faction, and have reputations linked to existing reputations in the game.
There are no entries specifying race-class combinations for these new races.
Data in other linked files are not consistent with being playable races.
The data left behind is not consistent with something complete that has been intentionally hidden. It is possible that we are seeing a work in progress.
Patch 7.3 added an additional model related file to allow models to have bones used for customization but share animations with other models.
In Patch 7.3.2, the Lightforged Draenei and Draenei are the only models in the game to have this new file.
TL;DR: There is a chance we are seeing the groundwork being laid for playable subraces, but we will probably have to wait until BlizzCon for confirmation of sub-races.
Maybe Mag'har Orcs, Dark Iron Dwarves, and other sub-races finally got bumped up the priority list!
Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Juste
Halberd enthusiast

Topic/Postby Toot » 23 Oct 2017, 21:38

Juste on 23 Oct 2017 10:00 wrote:TL;DR: There is a chance we are seeing the groundwork being laid for playable subraces, but we will probably have to wait until BlizzCon for confirmation of sub-races.
Maybe Mag'har Orcs, Dark Iron Dwarves, and other sub-races finally got bumped up the priority list!

Can has Mecha-Gnomes!? :Q
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Juste » 01 Nov 2017, 22:56

I put 50 € on sub races.
Juste
Halberd enthusiast

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 02 Nov 2017, 13:19

Juste on 01 Nov 2017 21:56 wrote:I put 50 € on sub races.

;)
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Juste » 03 Nov 2017, 11:37

Blizz is dropping hints that Sylvanas will play big role. :o

Double post merged on 03 Nov 2017 08:46

Sooo I guess

- Leaked book texts say that Sylvanas wishes to attack Stormwind so faction war will be a big thing in the expansion. Perhaps Stormwind battleground or Stormwind invasion pre patch event? Perhaps even stormwind as rubbles. I would guess that the faction war will play big role early at the expansion and then old gods and void stuff and Azhara will step in.

- Artifact power system will change in to Path of the Titans system. AP system pretty much was Path of Titans system and it did work out pretty well so makes sense they will keep it and just change the name with us losing the Artifacts.

- There will be lots of ships and tentacles

- Sub races or perhaps new races
Juste
Halberd enthusiast

Topic/Postby Shevron » 03 Nov 2017, 16:31

So who's bought a virtual ticket?

I did. My body is ready!
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth