Next expansion speculation and spoilers

The Black Temple was merely a setback. Again.

Topic/Postby Juste » 29 Jun 2018, 18:54

"Bounty Hunter System
Infamy has its ups—and its downs. You can become infamous in War Mode by killing a certain number of players of the opposite faction without dying. Once you do, you’ll achieve the status of Assassin and gain an increase to your damage and healing by 15%. Congratulations!"

My body is ready
Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Juste
Halberd enthusiast

Topic/Postby Juste » 13 Jul 2018, 14:36

Good Summary about the Legion changes.

Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Toot likes this post.
Juste
Halberd enthusiast

Topic/Postby Liandrix » 23 Jul 2018, 12:19

Whats the difference between War Mode and flagging yourself for PVP? I mean ... aside from the new bonusses.
"The motivation to study the Arcane should be born out of the understanding of the needs of those who would be affected by it.."

~ Loremaster Liandrix Emmot
Liandrix
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 23 Jul 2018, 12:26

Does /pvp even exist still?
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Gergel » 23 Jul 2018, 19:14

There are no dedicated PvE and PvP servers any more. Warmode in its essence is the ability for any character to transfer to a "PvE server" or "PvE server" at will. Want to quest and level in peace without fear of being ganked? Turn Warmode off. Want to engage in world PvP? Turn Warmode on.

Compared to old /pvp...

When you were in a PvE server, you could turn /pvp on or off at will anywhere in the world. This marked you for PvP and anyone from the opposite faction could see you and attack you. With Warmode, those who have it enabled cannot see and interact with those who don't, and vice versa. Warmode and non-Warmode characters are essentially on different realms.

In a PvE server you could turn /pvp off anywhere in the world, but then it took five minutes for the flag to wear off. In a PvP server, you could not turn /pvp off at all. With Warmode you can only toggle between PvP and PvE in a faction capital (Stormwind or Orgrimmar).

I'm not sure how PvP flag works nowadays when you enter an enemy city or attack an enemy NPC. I presume it will work like old PvP flag on PvE servers - you become attackable by other characters, but you won't be pulled into Warmode. I might be wrong.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Juste » 24 Jul 2018, 10:29

Yeah from what I have gathered PvP flagging works just as it used to be.
Juste
Halberd enthusiast

Topic/Postby Juste » 27 Jul 2018, 09:01

So far I'm really liking the new Retribution Paladin. They did not do any major revamps but they did adjust few things.

Most noticeably they seemed to buff the healing spells. Flash of Light heals now more which just might be scaling issue with the fresh gear at the start of the expansion but I hope it retains some of it's new healing power with it later. Real gem however is the new Word of Glory which heals a ton. More than 1/3 of your health bar and it can crit of course or be buffed with wings and it's instant and has 2 charges with 1 minute cooldown. Also heals 2 other party members. So it's really really good. It really shines in dungeons and especially at PvP when you can just heal yourself to full from low health with instant healing without pulling and using up your usual Divine Shield/Heal to full trick.

Whole Legion lots of Paladins complained that the spec has no utility at all as dps spec. It feels like that the Devs really listened and buffed the healing to actually give some viable offhealing power to the spec.

Single target damage is really good. AoE sucks but I don't mind with beasty single target damage.
Juste
Halberd enthusiast

Topic/Postby Shevron » 27 Jul 2018, 10:43

I wanna take a new look at the Retridin. I love paladins but I suffer from the same problem as I did with my DH. I love levelling with a tank build, but I'm not interested in tanking dungeons.

Retribution was something I never really enjoyed, but I wanna try again with this expansion.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth