Returning player, a little wobbly...

The Black Temple was merely a setback. Again.

Topic/Postby Dawnblade » 18 Oct 2018, 08:41

Returning player, a little wobbly...

Hi!
*hugs* =D

So I got this urge and I missed you, so I bought the latest expansion and jumped back in.
Looks like there's been some changes since I was last here...
Like that tripple-circle-thingie with various bonus glyphs... We're not doing that anymore?
I'm in my 90-ish and I figure it's probably best to grind up to 110 rather than to eat a boost cookie, so I can learn the ropes again on the way.
Is there something I should know, in particular? As a fury-warrior?

xoxo
//Dawnie
Dawnie - Dawnblade
DeeDee - Deathknight Dawnblade

Alts including, but not limited to:
Softfur, Mellifera, Kurenai, Shalla, Morrowlight, Kitten, Moontooth, Belorei, Alleycat
Dawnblade
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 18 Oct 2018, 11:19

I don't know about class specific stuff but, as someone who's also in the process of going from 90 to 120 the long way, here's some things to note:

1) If you are interested in the Warlords of Draenor storyline, go there, do the questing but ignore your garrison. I didn't and out levelled the expansion before I'd even finished Shadowmoon Valley so I'll have to go back at some point for the rest of it. Similarly, don't worry about your order hall quest board while levelling in Legion.

2) If you just want to rush to BfA content (which, personally, I wouldn't in it's current state), then I suggest farming the garrison mine and herb garden once a day for the easy XP it gives you (You get to do this even if you aren't a herbalist or miner).

Other than that. Enjoy it, you shouldn't hit anything in that level range that has busted numbers because of stat squish so all should be good. I have an alt in Northrend at the moment that is being one shot by a particular non elite for a quest despite all the others in the quest basically doing her no damage because that particular ability did not get squished properly... -_-
Last edited by Cherwina on 24 Oct 2018, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Dawnblade likes this post.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 24 Oct 2018, 14:12

BfA questing is great, but no reason to rush to it. There's plenty of nice questlines in Draenor and Broken Isles to experience as well, so just take your time and enjoy the scenery :)
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Dawnblade » 25 Oct 2018, 11:39

I noticed that some of the Draenor questline actually requires you do do a little garrison building, cause you need a port and stuff.
So now I have a port. :)
Dawnie - Dawnblade
DeeDee - Deathknight Dawnblade

Alts including, but not limited to:
Softfur, Mellifera, Kurenai, Shalla, Morrowlight, Kitten, Moontooth, Belorei, Alleycat
Dawnblade
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 25 Oct 2018, 14:09

Yeah, there's some required stuff. I just got caught up in all the garrison maintenance that isn't necessary. I still enjoyed doing it, it's just that I have skipped a lot of story because I wanted to start Legion at the right level range so it wasn't all a cakewalk :)
Dawnblade likes this post.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Return to World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth