Doomsday Nonsense

Take a look into the life of a not-so-ordninary servant of the light!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 10 Nov 2010, 13:14

Doomsday Nonsense

I figured I'd hop onto the wave and write my own story about how Lil's actions during these troubling times :Q

Doomsday nonsense

Lil sat on a bench in the Cathedral District of Stormwind with her hood over her head, she was watching people going about their daily lives. Last night she had a run-in with a gnomette she thought was all too familiar, but she couldn’t remember her name or where she had seen this gnomette before. What bothered her the most, however, was that the gnomette had the nerve to preach this doomsday nonsense on the very steps of the cathedral. Lil naturally tried to stop her, after which the gnomette proceeded to preach for the children at the orphanage. Lil had called the guards on the gnomette in the end, although the gnomette had ran off before the guards got there.

So now Lil was watching the people of Stormwind, the Cathedral District had become much busier with recent events, people seeking help and comfort was a common sight now. More than once had Lil been asked for spiritual help from the commoners, this worried her, as the commoners usually didn’t go near her, even though Lil was not an unfriendly person, Lil had always concluded that her eyes did her no justice in this matter. Lil moved her gaze from one person to another, every now and again a cultist would pass through and speak their regular nonsense, Lil was tempted to take action against them but was unsure about how to proceed with such a plan.

- “Doom is coming! The light cannot help you, it never could! All it has ever done is spread lies and false hope!”
That was the last drop for Lil, she stood up and pulled back her hood.
- “Who are you to come here and make accusations against the light! These people need help, and what you are doing is not helping at all!”
- “I am merely speaking the truth, and if the truth hurts so much for you, then I hope you-”
- “You do not speak the truth! You are using these people’s uncertainty against them to spread fear and panic! The light is as strong as ever, and if you don’t believe me I’ll arrange a demonstration! This doomsday preaching is just nonsense, all too many times have outsiders preached doom and devastation on us, but guess what, we are still here! Now Begone! and if I see you here ever again, I will teach YOU about doom!”

The cultist had scuttled off, and the crowd cheered at Lil. At the top of the stairs stood the Archbishop, smiling. Lil had performed a minor miracle on this day.

Might post another after the Cataclysm has hit, IF I find the time to write at that time :P
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Return to Lilandris the Lightmancer