The Book of the Lightmancer

Take a look into the life of a not-so-ordninary servant of the light!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 29 Jul 2011, 18:13

The Book of the Lightmancer

Can I have this thread stickied, please? :) I'll likely be adding to it over time you see and I want it at the top.

The book of the Lightmancer

At some point in time, Lil would sit down and write the following bits, she carries a prayerbook with her, but all the pages in it are blank, at least so far. It is the book of the Lightmancer. The book is a story of sorts with a beginning and an end like everything else, these are excerpts of blessings, prayers, verses, hymns, passages etc. that she either finds herself or is “givenâ€￾ by the light.

Some of these preceeded Lil, some will come after her passing, for the story of the Lightmancer is just as much a journey for the practice itself as it is for the person practicing.

In any case, not a traditional way of storytelling on my part but I hope you folks like it anyway, and if there are any of the bits that you want to know more about or want me to comment on, just leave a reply and tell me what you want to know :)

You are of course free to comment on this yourself as well ;)

"Necromancy is the ugliest sin, those who do it receive the deepest graves."
- Opening Passage

"Faith, battle, hope, insanity, redemption, these are all part of the Lightmancer and her road."￾

"I will suffer no intrusion, for my mind is my own and it's devotion is to the holy light!"￾

"...And on that pedestal was a sword, and underneath it, these words: 'I am the sword, mightier than the hand that wields it.'"￾

"The heavens would open up and rain would pour from them, as if disgusted by the world below them."

"...But the light does not keep you warm at night, it is sanctuary I need."

"And there she stood, the Lightmancer, tall and proud, her gazing eyes preying on her foes' faltering morale."

"Minds are fragile, they break and fall into despair easily with the right stimulations, and the Lightmancer's is no different. This is why you must find your magic words and keep them fresh in mind, ready to be uttered when needed."

"Do as you please, but face the consequences standing."

"My faith is my own, who are you to question my motives, High Priestess?"￾
- Argument with the spiritual leaders in the Cathedral, prior to Lil abandoning her post at the cathedral and embracing the tradition of the Lightmancer.

"Run for your dinner or run for your life, the action is the same."

"I do not believe myself holier than thou, we all have our flaws to bear, they are there to cut down excessive pride."

"Take my hand, child, I am scared too, but together we will transcend fear and grow strong!"

"I am not entertained by battle, but I take pleasure in knowing that you won't do any more harm to anyone, evil-doer!"

"The mighty walls that is my faith can only be shaken by me."

"Patience is a virtue, but so is acting!"

"Do not question love, it is as strong as any faith."

"And then she drank the purified water of the well, for the battle was over and rest was needed."

"You can say anything you want, but I swear by the light that you will die if any harm comes to the children!"￾

"There is no setback too great, until we have all passed away."
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Hernina likes this post.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 26 Dec 2013, 09:46

"The Heavenly Bell tolls, and The Light's holy fire and lead follows it! Let battle be joined!"
- The Lightmancer's Battle cry
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 26 Dec 2013, 10:13

Entertaining, heartwarming, sad... a real mix, lovely
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 26 Dec 2013, 14:26

Hehe, notice the first post in this thread was created in 2011, two and a half years ago approximately. I'm actually surprised it has gone more or less unnoticed, or at least uncommented :Q
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 26 Dec 2013, 15:07

There are a LOT of posts on the forum which i have yet to read... because you posted a comment to it, i noticed it
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 26 Dec 2013, 17:30

Aye, I figured people would if I did :)
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Hernina » 31 Dec 2014, 11:46

Well this was a while ago now XD so not much point commenting on it, but oh well. I really liked it ^•^ its very nicely done.
:glomp:
Lilandris likes this post.
Hernina

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 31 Dec 2014, 12:55

Aww, thanks :3
Hernina likes this post.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Return to Lilandris the Lightmancer