The End

Take a look into the life of a not-so-ordninary servant of the light!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 13 May 2012, 03:37

The End

The end

The sound of bells, echoes. They rang with purpose this day, but it was not due to an ordinary service. The air was humid and the ground was wet from recent rain, but currently the sun was shining. A crowd moved slowly up the steps and through the door of the Stormwind Cathedral, there was sniffling and sighing in the crowd, sadness, this was a funeral.

The large crowd filled up the cathedral without trouble, few words were spoken as the individuals settled in their places on the pews that had been placed out for the purpose of the ceremony. And in front of the steps up to the altar was the coffin, wooden, and painted with the purest of white paint. The priest who was holding the service raised his arms in a welcoming motion as the last people sat down. He lowered them again and cleared his throat.

“I look out into this room, and I see many faces, faces of friends. I see people from all walks of life, people of all statures, of all ages, and I’d smile, were it not for the sad nature of this ceremony, for it amazes me, truly, that all these different people have all come to pay their respects today, to the same person. Some of you, I know, are sceptical to the Light and it’s teachings, but nevertheless you have chosen to step inside this holy cathedral, to say your goodbyes.”
The priest took a short moment of silence as he looked down upon the coffin. The top half of the lid was open, showing the deceased.
“We have all come here today, to say farewell to Lilandris Len, the one we knew as the Lightmancer.”
There were a few louder sobs in the crowd. Lil looked so serene lying in the coffin, more serene than she had ever been in life. On the lower end of the coffin lid sat Todd, an orange-furred cat that had belonged to Lil. Todd looked out into the crowd and over on his mistress in the coffin, there was a seriousness on the furry face that only a cat can achieve.
“To all of us, Lilandris was a friend.” The priest continued. “And she always appreciated our friendship in return. Lilandris was troubled in spirit, and she had set herself on a task very few would be able to complete, but she always had a smile to offer to a friend, a helping hand where needed, and a reassuring hug too. Though she walked her own path, she was one of the Light’s most devoted servants, never forsaking her faith for anything, and now, she has become one with it. Let us take a moment of silence in honor of our beloved friend.”

The sound of bells, faintly chiming. As the bells ended, light shone through the stained glass windows behind the altar, and the faint shimmer of a familiar face appeared in the middle window, smiling down at the crowd. It was there for but a short moment before fading, and there was a sigh going through the hall as the streaks of light through the windows faded with it.

The crowd rose slowly and one by one or in small groups they all went up to the coffin to say their goodbyes. The last ones in line were Miss Marlett, Sigmard, Keurlan, his sister Delandra, and holding Delandra’s hand were little Alice. Delandra was especially torn up, and she was crying heavily, being her emotional self. Todd looked at her from the coffin lid.
*Mreow*
The cat hopped down onto the floor, cuddled up against Delandra’s leg and settled next to Alice. Sigmard placed his hand on the coffin.
“You know, Lil, I’ve never been good with funerals, and it’s a shame it had to end like this, I was sure you’d outlive me. But I guess..” He sniffled once. “..I guess this is goodbye, Light be with you, Lil.” He turned to the others behind him, they all nodded at him, and then they all left together, little Todd as well, who would stay with Delandra and Alice for the rest of his time.

In a corner of the ever-growing Stormwind Cemetery is a tombstone that reads:

‘In loving memory of Lilandris Len, beloved friend and daughter of the Light.’

“There is no setback too great, until we have all passed away.”
- Lilandris the Lightmancer
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Toot » 13 May 2012, 09:17

You're not killing off Lil, are you? :sad:
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 13 May 2012, 09:21

Fear not, this won't take place until later, I just felt like writing it down.

Probably won't take place until I quit WoW, which is probably still an expansion away.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Kayora » 13 May 2012, 09:57

Well that had me worried. You really were feeling sentimental last night
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 13 May 2012, 13:14

Makes me wonder what the funerals of other characters would be like.... Or if they'd even get them!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 13 May 2012, 13:33

I thought I'd missed something big then. Funnily enough I've been working on something not entirely unrelated. Reading this has helped a little.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Toot » 13 May 2012, 15:09

Toot's cremation would smell like a beach barbeque. That's if the demons don't take him away first, for being a warlock and all...
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Sigmard » 13 May 2012, 15:37

A sad story, for sure. Delandra certainly would be emotional. Keurlan would have an interesting response to it though... might write a follow on for him if that's alright Lil?
Sigmard
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 13 May 2012, 16:53

Go right ahead Siggy, if I've inspired you to write, it means that -something- good came out of this :D
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Gergel » 13 May 2012, 22:21

Coalbrow will live forever, because...
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Next

Return to Lilandris the Lightmancer