And I'll do it again

Take a look into the life of a not-so-ordninary servant of the light!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 19 May 2013, 01:18

And I'll do it again

So I had spare time tonight, I decided to finish this story. Enjoy! Feel free to comment as always :) And to shed some light on the feel of the story, it was written while I listened to Shoot me Again by Metallica... At least the first part of it was, the ending was written to other tunes.

-----------

And I’ll do it again.

The man came around for another strike at Lil.
“And I’ll do it again, Lightmancer.” There was disgust in the man’s voice.
“I’m sure you will, you fiend.” There was still strength in Lil’s voice.
The man struck Lil again.
“Your voice is awfully confident for someone who is defeated. Look at yourself, unable to stand on your own legs, you hang in those chains like a piece of meat.”
The man trod back and forth in front of Lil. Lil was indeed in pretty bad shape, she had been cut, bruised and cursed several times over.
“Yet I’m still alive.”
“Shut your mouth, you brat.” The man’s voice turned angrier.
“I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings.”
The man gave Lil a hard kick in the stomach. Lil gasped for air for a moment, before the man kicked her again.
“Now, let us play a little game, I’m sure we’ll have fun with it. Now here’s the rules: When the game ends, you die. However, you are the one who decides when the game ends.” The man straightened the sleeves on his jacket. “All you have to do to end the game, is renounce the Light that you cling so foolishly to.” The man lifted Lil’s chin up and leaned in closely. “Do you understand, little brat?”
Lil spat in the man’s face. The man stood up straight again and wiped the spit from his face, then he gave Lil a boot to the face, the bootprint-pattern lingered on her face due to the dirt on it.
“Now we... play the waiting game then, everyone loses.” Lil mustered a grin back at the man.
“Oh, we have all the time in the world, why don’t we get comfortable, hm?” The man sat down on a chair a few paces away from Lil and put his leg over the other.
“If you are so... sure you have achieved victory, how come you haven’t killed me already?”
“And let you die a martyr?” The man gave a sickening laugh. “No, I think not.”
“Then you know... why you haven’t won.. then.” Lil didn’t muster the grin this time, but her tone of voice was spiteful, perhaps slightly smug.
The man’s eyes went pitch black for a moment as he chanted a curse at Lil, suddenly all her muscles strained and tightened themselves, and her blood pumped faster. The pain from her wounds rushed through her, she could not keep herself from screaming in agony. The man smirked amusedly at Lil’s scream.
“And now you know why you shouldn’t talk back.”
Lil’s screams subsided as the curse dissipated, she was breathing heavily, struggling to stay conscious.
“You... Can’t.. break me.. like this... EVER!” As Lil finished her sentence it echoed through the room in an acoustic-bending feat, her eyes flashed brightly enough to light up the whole dimly lit dungeon cellar for a split second like a flash of lightning.

The man fell off his chair, caught off-guard by the sheer strength of Lil’s voice and the blinding light from her eyes. He quickly stood back up and rushed over to Lil with his arm raised with the aim to deliver a bone-crushing blow to Lil’s face. But in that moment the heavy door behind him was ripped from his hinges with a lot of noise, causing him to stop and turn towards the door.
“What is this intru-” *BLAM* The man’s words were cut short by a rifle bullet between the eyes, blood spattered across the room and onto Lil.
“You don’t deserve to speak, mongrel.” The familiar sound of Keurlan’s voice filled the room. His eyes turned towards Lil in her chains, he hurried over to her and put his rifle in it’s holster on his back.
“Cover the door, Ianah.” Keurlan spoke without turning his head towards the door, where Ianah stood with a rifle at the ready.
“Yes, father!” Ianah responded and kept a lookout both ways down the hallway.
Keurlan undid Lil’s shackles, and held her so she wouldn’t fall to the floor. Lil was almost completely limp, Keurlan wiped some blood off her face carefully with his thumb.
“M-my.. love... you saved me.” Lil’s voice was broken and tears ran down her face, all the pain was unbearable and she grimaced.
“And I would do it again, my love.” Keurlan spoke softly and kissed her forehead.
“Father, we need to leave.” Ianah’s voice snapped Lil and Keurlan out of the moment, the evil-doers’ reinforcements were closing in.
“Stay strong Lil, we will get you out of here.” Keurlan lifted Lil into his arms. Lil was about to pass out, she leaned her head on Keurlan's chest with her face inwards, she could hear his heart beating.
“You will have to cover us, Ianah.”
“Of course, father.” Ianah spoke enthusiastically yet seriously.
They rushed down the hall towards the exit, an air of worry about them.

Lil woke up in her bed two days later, Ianah was watching over her, but was currently stood next to the bed with her back turned and looking out the window. Lil smiled and uttered Ianah’s name to get her attention, she was still in some pain, and dressed in bandages and casts. Ianah jolted around and gave a small gasp then a beaming smile.
“Father! She’s awake!”
There was a noise in the next room like a chair falling over followed by the thundering of heavy hoofsteps rushing towards the door.
“Is my love awake?”
“Yes, father!” Ianah motioned to Lil in the bed.
Lil turned her head towards the door on the other side of the room. She gave a weak smile to Keurlan who was standing in the doorway. He paced quickly around the bed and to Lil’s side.
“My love, you are awake! I’ve been worried out of my mind for two days now!” Keurlan placed his hands around Lil’s left hand as he went down on his knee.
Lil wanted to chuckle, but it just turned to pain, but she retained her smile. She spoke softly: “Thank you, for coming after me.”
“I would do it again, Lil, I would do it over and over!” Lil smiled as she saw a single tear from Keurlan’s eye, she’d never seen him this emotional before, she wondered if he would ever be this emotional ever again, for that matter. The thought made her smile even more.
“You should rest a little longer, Lil, we had the best priests and doctors to help you, I even had to pull a few strings, but it matters little, all that matters is that you are alright. The fact that you are alive is an incredible feat of resilience.” He placed a kiss on her lips and stood back up.
“I couldn’t even imagine taking that kind of punishment and live to tell about it!” Ianah spoke in her enthusiastic demeanor and smiled brightly.
“Come Ianah, let us find something fancy in our food stores. Lil will be hungry when she wakes up again.” Keurlan put his hand on Ianah’s back to motion her to come along with him out of the room.
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 20 May 2013, 10:47

I liked it, short to the point

it made me laugh when he called her "brat"
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 20 May 2013, 12:55

Hehe yeah, I imagine the fellow was gray-haired and old. Even though Lil is technically older than him merely by being Draenei, she's still young... I usually estimate her age in human years to be around 21-23.

And I've been trying to make my stories short and to the point, because I know from experience and education that reading at all on screen is painful. Especially when encountering walls of text. And when you see a wall of text one usually think it's a bit of a drudgery to read all of it, even if it is something you WANT to read. :)
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 20 May 2013, 15:41

Oh, if it's too long i just convert it into a pdf and read it onto my e-reader
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Return to Lilandris the Lightmancer