What came to pass and what came next

Take a look into the life of a not-so-ordninary servant of the light!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 09 Nov 2013, 07:19

What came to pass and what came next

No, it's not story time... yet.

I'm sure the people of this guild knows Lilandris the character well, I've been here a while after all, and I always try to make a believable character, and as such, character development is never done. But you've all come to know Lil and the different aspects of her personality and life, and now we are about to see an expansion which by it's looks is a golden opportunity for me to develop Lil even further, while I already have a few ideas rolling around in my head, a thought struck me: What if I asked you guys?

I'm not asking you to develop my character for me, I'm rather asking what (if anything) you all would like to see. Any parts of her past, present or future you would like to be enlightened or "padded"? Any ideas for her at all to play out is welcome, and hopefully it will help me shape her further. I feel the next expansion will definitely be big for Lil, much bigger than Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria ever was put together! And as such it's only fitting that we see her shaped further. Not only adding to her current state, but also, most likely, change.

One thing I've thought of so far that I'm really feeling like doing, is to put more effort into her sister, Kynidris, and their sisterly bond, there is definitely room for expanding that part of Lil.

So here's your chance, consider yourselves "invited" to take part in my character development. That is if you are not too preoccupied with thinking about your own characters for the next expansion, in which case I totally understand and you are excused ;)
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 09 Nov 2013, 09:03

I think this will be your opportunity to give a "glimpse" of her past, while shaping her future, Thanks to this expansion you can actually show her old life through her older self
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 09 Nov 2013, 11:52

Pow! and I talked about this a bit last night as it happens. I reckon her getting at least some of her memories back could be interesting. Especially if they reveal things about her that she doesn't like.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 09 Nov 2013, 14:02

Indeed, it's clear that returning to the old Draenor will definitely trigger old memories, due to the somewhat amnesic* nature of her memory. Which can be fixed by seeing and feeling things that trigger her memory.

That being said, Lil dealing with her inner demons is a recurring theme, as she has a lot of them. So there will likely be inner demons along for the ride, but maybe it's time I dug up the more "real" part of her past, instead of just doing the emotional bit.

*I must admit I'm impressed this is a word!
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 10 Nov 2013, 09:13

Yeah, this expansion will allow me to explore more of Malleena.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Sigmard » 10 Nov 2013, 22:25

Sounds like a cool idea! Hopefully I can get Keurlan to come along at some point. Trouble is he's stuck at level 85 at the moment so getting him up to 90 would be the first thing to do. I figure if there's only one free "level to 90" pass for each account, it would be best spent on some character who's a lower level.

Would be very interesting to see shades of Lilandris' past and Keurlan's reaction, or lack there of.
Sigmard
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 11 Nov 2013, 06:17

All things considered, Lil and Keurlan DO have a somewhat strange relationship, and I'll admit I would like to see it developed further, to see what would happen.

As for Keurlan being stuck at 85 I reckon it would be best to drudge yourself through 85-90 now, rather than when the expansion hits, because then you'll be even less bothered with it. So assuming you have time, you'd want to do it soon-ish... Or hope that Engineers get schematics for flux capacitors and DeLoreans come next expansion :Q
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 11 Nov 2013, 09:48

Lilandris wrote:Or hope that Engineers get schematics for flux capacitors and DeLoreans come next expansion

They already have those... they just keep them to themselves so they can keep buying icecream at very cheap prices in the past!

Tormeron
The soup master

Return to Lilandris the Lightmancer