The diary of Lilandris the Zealous

Take a look into the life of a not-so-ordninary servant of the light!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 21 Jan 2008, 02:24

The diary of Lilandris the Zealous

(Go easy on it, i am still not entirely done developing my character so there might be a certain lack of context in some places, but i'll do my best to avoid them.)

(Oh and feel free to comment on it any time, even between entries)

Property of Lilandris reads on the first page of the book. It seems this book have been recently aquired from the library of Stormwind and is to be used as a diary and notebook. There is an earie smell of pipe smoke coming from the covers.

Day 1

Last night i dreamed about that day back in the cloister in which i was raised. The day when Father Mecks said he had to travel into town to fetch some assorted items and so forth. He was like a real father to me, and he never came back. I heard from the other priests that his body had been found on the road between here and the town (If only i could remember the name of the town.) with a red rag next to him, they said that a gang of hoodlums called The Defias Brotherhood had these red rags as their symbol, it seemed appearent that he had been assassinated, but why!? *There are signs of tear-stains on the page* what had he ever done to deserve it? he was such a kind man, he would never hurt or wrong anyone! It was after this incident that I wanted us to take up arms against those worthless Defias bastards, all of us at the cloister had learned how to swing and bend the light to our advantages in forms of defensive and offensive magics, but they kept telling me to have patience and that The Defias would pay for their sins in time. In time, HAH! a few days later i left in a rage, swearing revenge. I guess this is how i earned my suffix "The Zealous"

My travels brought me to Southshore in Hillsbrad today, i met some drunk guard at the bar that wanted me to do his duties for him, whining about that he was not able to them himself, as if i would answer to his pleas, The Light nay answeres to the pleas of the lazy man. I heard from the townspeople that there was a gang similar to The Defias Brotherhood called The Syndicate that had been causing troubles rescently here in Hillsbrad and that the last magistrate of Southshore had been assassinated by these evil-doers. I descided to track them down in the hills and make them pay for their sins, in blood. While in their camps i cam across some strange documents and maps of Southshore, i figured them important and decided to show them to the current magistrate of Southshore, the documents were incrypted so he asked me to travel to Ironforge and get this Stormpike fellow to translate them.

*There is a drawing of Southshore seen from the docks at the bottom of the page*

The later hours of the day brought me to Stranglethorn vale, i met some humans that claimed to be rebels from some Kurzen guy's army, This Kurzen fellow had appearently gone mad and giving the wrong kind of orders to his men, therefore causing some of them to desert him and set up their own camp in the very northernmost point in Stranglethorn. I also stumbled upon some hunters not too far away, I believe it was the son of Mr. Nesingwary himself and his fellow hunters who had set up a modest camp along the river bank. They were here to hunt the different beasts of Stranglethorn vale and were most happy to make my aquaintence it seems, tomorrow i will make for the goblin town of Booty Bay at the tip of The Cape of Stranglethorn.
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 22 Jan 2008, 23:48

Day 3

I did not get to booty bay yesterday at all to the contrary of my belief, in fact my travels brought me back to Hillsbrad to fight with The Syndicate again. It seems The Syndicate is more than just a local gang of thugs, I realised they are actually under the rule of former Alterac nobles when i noticed some of them were wearing rings with Alterac seals upon them. If it is so that these nobles are their leaders i must have crippled them badly, since i decided to take down a few of them, and there has been a lot less activity from them according to the guards of Southshore.

Later today i traveled to Dustwallow Marsh in Kalimdor, appearently there have been a lot of activity by some deserters in the area, they believe that it was wrong of Jaina Proudmore to stop attacking The Horde and they wish to 'bring the old days back'. They tried to stirr up trouble in Theramore and cause more troops to join the deserters, this issue was resolved by me and a SI:7 agent after a lot of work.

I also had another dream last night. I dreamt of the time when i undertook the test of patience back in the cloister. The test itself is as follows; You are blindfolded with a black silken headband, and you are not allowed to see for one week. This test is to improve ones other senses so that you learn to use and trust them, because as you know; your eyes can decieve you very easily. I remember i spent a lot of time in the garden meditating, listening to the birds singing and the other priests walking about and talking about their own business, after a few days I started to feel I was one with the light, with help from the light I could analyse sounds magnificently; In ways such as who or what caused them and why and so forth. It was one of the most important lessons I went through during my time in the cloister.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 27 Jan 2008, 01:25

Day 5

Today I spent a lot of time at The Pig & Whistle, but after a few hours i traveled back to Southshore, this time my travels brought me further into The Alterac Mountains. It seems some cult called "The Argus Wake" sympathises with The Syndicate. They are shadow mages and evil-doers and therefore paid the price for their sins in blood by my hand. I was tasked earlier by the magistrate of Southshore to kill one of the Syndicate leaders; Baron Vardus. I located him in one of their camps up in the highlands about a hundred paces north-west of the ruins of Strahnbrad, the magistrate seemed most pleased with this man's demise.

Later I decided to take a look at the ruins of Alterac, and it is as I feared, due to the presence of ogres in the area, the town is broken beyond repair and the ogres don't seem like they are gonna move any time soon. While I was there i spotted something in the snow; it was a tiara. The tiara had an inscription on it but it was partially scratched away, but I could make out "...The Stormwind house of nobles" from it. When I took it to Stormwind and the house of nobles, they were most happy I had found it and gave me a few gold pieces as a finder's reward. "Don't spend it all in one place" they said. Well, 'unfortunately' the drinks were flowing freely at The Pig tonight. I will sleep well tonight for sure.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 09 Feb 2008, 12:51

Wow, been a while since i wrote... had a lot on my mind

Day 12

My travels have brought me to the sand dunes of Tanaris, the weather is... warm, to say the least, it's almost unbearable. The goblins of Gadgetzan here in Tanaris have told me they are having problems with poaching nomads and pirates, these men and women go against the work of The Light with their actions, and they shall know the meaning of the word 'retribution' well after I'm done with them.

The dreams I'm having of my past are coming more frequently and of higher magnitude than before now. Last night i dreamt about when i left the cloister in anger.

Lilandris seems to have placed some kind of enchantment on the book so whoever reads it can see her flashback

The sound of hooves hitting the floor echoed through the main hall of the cloister. "Lilandris!" someone shouted, the sound of the hooves stopped with a single hard stomping sound. "What!?" Lilandris shouted and turned around. "What is it you want to say to me Father Kanik?" her voice calmed a little. "You can't leave! you haven't completed all the tests yet, and even still you are obligated to stay in the cloister your whole life!" Father Kanik said with a soothing voice in an attempt to calm the young priest down. "Why am i supposed to stay here, trapped behind these walls my whole life?" Lilandris said in an angry voice. "This is how we live, we live to worship the light, this is what we taught you when we brought you here." Father Kanik answered calmly. "What a lame excuse! Do you honestly expect me to stay here living in solitude the rest of my days, when the closest person to being my father was murdered by a gang of hoodlums almost at our very doorstep?" Lilandris said in the same angry voice. "They will pay for their sins in time young one, you must have patience and faith in the light." Father Kanik said, trying to calm Lilandris down even further. "In time!? Well I say enough time has passed! They shall pay for their wrong doings now, they shall burn in righteous fire! My faith in the light is unshakeable, but the light cannot deliver justice by itself, not without an avatar, and today that avatar will be me!" Lilandris shouted, her voice echoed through the cloister. "I don't expect you to understand Father, but justice shall be brought to them, retribution shall be delivered by MY hand, and you, nor anyone else in this cloister is going to get in my way. I shall have my revenge." Lilandris said in a calm yet angry voice before she turned around and walked up to the main door of the cloister. She opened it a little, turned her head around and gave Father Kanik a poisonous glare before exiting the cloister and slamming the door shut behind her.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Return to Lilandris the Lightmancer