Windows 10 auto upgrade

They're watching. All the time. Everywhere.

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 13 Dec 2015, 12:24

Sarawr on 11 Dec 2015 00:26 wrote:Well, I have to say that I like to play the games like solitaire and so on, and on 10 they have them on their own program. It has ads which doesn't disturb me that much but there is the option of payment in order to remove them.

Other than that, they did in fact offer it first, and now they are pushing it. It is not like they were pushing it from the very beginning. Plus they offer it free to those who had 7 or 8(.1) already. Others have to buy it. So what's the catch? You are not forced to pay anything for the upgrade because you are already their customer and this way they guarantee you will stay as their customer when they provide their new system for free. If you don't like it, why not change to Linux or Mac if you are so against the upgrade itself?

When Linux shall be a viable gaming option I probably will, I am not against Microsoft windows I am just having my doubts that's all, this guide was not in order to tell people to not upgrade, this guide was just to explain how to disable the upgrade if they so wish.

My personal opinion is based on allegations researchers have found certain bugs in the windows 10 system which are deliberate and Microsoft does not respond with a fix for those allegations.
One of the deliberate bugs installed on windows 10 is that it sends every time they ask for it, a report of what programs you have installed on your computer.

The second thing that truly bothers me is that they are disabling the option to set windows update on the way i want it to be, say i am in the middle of the game, but they decide that now is the time to send some updates my way, my windows will start to update on it's own because the windows update is set to automatically update whenever an update is available.

Also there are some updates i have refrained from installing in the past due to Microsoft accidently sending problematic updates which caused more issues than they resolved.

All operating systems I know let you choose when and what you wish to update, if you wish not to get updated at this time, you should have the option to decide for yourself.

I am not upgrading at this time, but i might do so in the future, As i said, I am not against microsoft windows, I'm not happy with some things that happened in windows 10, that is all.

Changes made due to changes made by microsoft which i have failed to notice before

based on this article:
http://thehackernews.com/2015/09/windows10-spying.html

-- 13 Dec 2015 13:24 --

I'm happy to let you all know I'll be switching to windows 10 at work since I've found some ways to reduce the way Microsoft has enabled their data collection. I am still against this invasion of privacy when you don't wish to use the features, default should be to ask you whether you want X feature or not.

But, as you all have pointed out, even though this post was not against upgrading, just telling you how to avoid it, the future is with windows 10 even if i dislike the way it currently is being run.

I shall post more guides regarding how to disable certain features i dislike, you can always not use those guides if you happen to love those features.

Now, just have to wait for windows 10 to notify me it's ready to install
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Previous

Return to Tinfoil Hat Members' Club