Class changes

!sdal nworcecI ot kcab gniog er'eW

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 09 Apr 2020, 23:38

The reason I don't want to play Discipline is because I absolutely hate the whole idea of mixing light and shadow together. Priests being EITHER light or shadow (cultist) I'm totally fine with, but combining it makes no sense to me. Two oceans don't mix waters. If they wanted a third spec that was different from the other two, they could have just come up with something a little more creative.

Anyway, didn't mean to derail this with my class identity salt.
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Gergel » 10 Apr 2020, 09:56

Lilandris on 10 Apr 2020 01:38 wrote:The reason I don't want to play Discipline is because I absolutely hate the whole idea of mixing light and shadow together. Priests being EITHER light or shadow (cultist) I'm totally fine with, but combining it makes no sense to me.

I think you're overblowing this a little bit.

I counted, like, three shadow spells available for Discipline priests. Two of which I have talented out and changed into some other element, and the third I forget to use, like, always.

• Shadowfiend. Talented into Lightspawn (shadow -> holy).
  • Shadow Word: Pain. Talented into Purge the Wicked (shadow -> fire).
  • Shadow Mend. Yup, can't argue with that, that's pretty shadowy all right. But I hardly ever use it...
None of my standard go-to spells have Shadow in them. Holy-holy-fire-holy-holy. That's pretty holy.

Lilandris on 10 Apr 2020 01:38 wrote:Two oceans don't mix waters.

Pure nitpick for nitpick's sake, but... check out this here ocean map https://www.mapsofworld.com/world-ocean-map.htm and note a large amount of lack-of-land between most oceans. Hell, I can't tell where Southern ends and the Atlantic or the Indian start. They totally mix waters like madmen... eh... mad-oceans.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 11 Apr 2020, 01:18

I guess I'm just still salty there's no holy magic dps spec for priests. And I doubt there ever will be at this point.

Blizz does seem to lean into the "shadow and light combined" thing in discipline's core identity, though, even if the amount of actual spells is somewhat limited.

Regardless of all that though. I can't recall the last time I felt powerful while playing a priest. Maybe back in WotLK. Or perhaps I should use the word "impactful" instead. Could be I'm just shit though. I'll be the first to admit I didn't exactly maintain the same skillevel as the years went on. Eh.
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Juste » 12 Apr 2020, 13:58

Wowhead has talent calculators up and (new) abilities listed for specs for the Shadowlands Beta.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/talent- ... etribution
Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Juste

Topic/Postby Shevron » 12 Apr 2020, 16:17

Some big-name folks been steaming the alpha on Twitch.

Surprised there's no NDA on it
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft: Shadowlands