Class changes

!sdal nworcecI ot kcab gniog er'eW

Topic/Postby Juste » 07 Apr 2020, 19:15

Class changes

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23310980

Looks like it's the much needed anti pruning imo step in to the right direction.

Paladins get back their auras and turn evil and undead tracking. Good stuff. Other classes seem to get back their old tools as well.
Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Juste

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 08 Apr 2020, 09:56

Interesting, glad my Shaman will no longer feel like a poor man's Paladin.

Druid probably won't feel any different with the changes if I'm honest. The fact it covers 4 different playstyles in one class has always meant some separation of actually useful spells between those 4 playstyles anyway.

I was hoping for something for my Warlock that meant she could do something when an enemy locked out Shadow spells... (Literally nothing castable at her level currently if this happens).

I'll be glad to finally switch my Priest back from Shadow for levelling. It might still be the more efficient spec for it but MAN IS IT TEDIOUS!...
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Claresta » 08 Apr 2020, 10:55

I'm pretty interested in seeing the changes.

I'd love my enhancement Shaman to be a bit more fun as I actually preferred it during MOP. Sure the damage was all over the place especially with the quick attacks but I liked that - swinging her arms around all over the place. Nowadays that approach is more akin to my Fury Warrior.

I like curses back on Warlocks as character wise that was supposed to be Chepis expertise rather than demon summoning. Immolating thing as well.
Claresta
Pow! Chepi & Mikola.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 08 Apr 2020, 14:17

Yeah would be nice to get some skills back.

Warlocks felt like boring fire mages lately, so much that Shev still lies at level 110 and never bothered touching him during the whole of BfA.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 08 Apr 2020, 16:02

The mage changes look a bit underwhelming, given that some of them are thingies I already get from gear at the moment. Ho hum :C
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 09 Apr 2020, 07:27

Can't say I find the changes to priests or hunters very interesting. But Blizzard seems pretty set in their ways with those two classes. I'm inclined to agree that hunters are in a good place though. Priests, not so much.
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 09 Apr 2020, 09:07

Lilandris on 09 Apr 2020 06:27 wrote:Priests, not so much.

Yeah, I'm crazy enough to have an alt of each class and there are only two I dread to play at the moment. My Priest and my Warlock. Especially as Zaggi has always been Affliction. I feel like I'm doing the same thing on both of them, it's just that Zaggi is a bit quicker at it because of her pet and drain tanking still getting you through a lot of shit. The insanity thing on my Priest sounded like a cool idea... Until I used it for the first time and pulled 3 additional mobs into a fight that was a bit of a struggle already. They also both suffer from the same problem, which is "not playable in TBC anymore" due to the amount of mobs with the ability to shadow lock you for eternity.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Juste » 09 Apr 2020, 10:34

I found Discipline to be somewhat usable for leveling and soloing in Legion and in BfA for Priests since it's now supposed to be healer/dps hybrid so it does have some damage and if you pick all the talents that give you maxium amount of damage and always pick the gear that gives you bigger damage etc. and then abuse the survivability for the game content. It also uses both shadow and holy spells so getting locked out of schools is not big issue.

For warlocks destruction and demonology both have nice amount of spells for both fire and shadow schools so lockdowns are not much of an issue but Affiction is bit vulnerable. It's best just try to time your hard casting when there no mobs in melee range and then use only instants if you have mobs on you.
Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Juste

Topic/Postby Gergel » 09 Apr 2020, 10:51

My vote also goes to Discipline. I'm a solo leveler, never do dungeons, and therefore I only care about things that are useful for me specifically. I tried my priest in Shadow spec (BFA content) and was struggling. Then switched to Discipline and hardly ever had any trouble again. Shields and self-heals while doing damage are amazing.

Discipline is the "tank" spec for priests. Maybe it's a bit slower when going solo, but a lot safer.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 09 Apr 2020, 15:51

Juste on 09 Apr 2020 09:34 wrote:It's best just try to time your hard casting when there no mobs in melee range and then use only instants if you have mobs on you.

At TBC levels, once you've cast your DoTs, there's only Shadow Bolt and Drain Life, both of which can be interrupted and cause you to get shadow locked :/. I spent a lot of time just using a wand through TBC with Zaggi.

My problem with Shadow Priest is not the damage/survivability of them, it's that it almost feels like clone of Affliction Warlock but slower. Like, neither of them have downtime as long as I don't get mobbed, it's just very tedious. It's also worth noting that my Priest has only just reached 60 and went straight to Northrend so I've avoided the stupidly long CC filled TBC content. I'll give Disc a try again but it hasn't been that many levels since I switched to Shadow because it was such an immense struggle in comparison through vanilla content.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Next

Return to World of Warcraft: Shadowlands