Tin Can Levelling

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 23 Jan 2008, 12:42

Plus if you join us in instances, you get practice... And hey, I can always heal at least for the low level ones (or attempt to).
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 23 Jan 2008, 13:03

He's writing the 20-30 at the moment Shev, he's also doing a Draenei 1-20 guide (He's aready done a Blood Elf one) but says it's pointless for other races.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Nysard » 23 Jan 2008, 14:06

At level 20 i'd think about doing some of the early quests in wetlands, then at around level 23-24 head off to Duskwood.

Stay there a few levels then jump back to Wetlands to finish the quests off, then once you're done there (and around 28-30) back to Duskwood and just wrap them up there.

Do not bother with Redridge, is a waste of time in my opinion :)

Level 30, i've always like the starting quests in Stranglethorn (the animal mastery's), plus it's easier now that there's a flight path there too.

30+ Arathi Highlands has some decent quests, especially now most have had their elite tag removed (Stromgarde etc.)

Hit level 35 (ish) and shoot for Duskwallow Marsh, Mudsprocket has loads of nice quests.

I tried using Jame's guide, but didn't quite enjoy following a guide so much so just sort of bounced between zones every 2 levels or so.

Do as 'Dips says though, instance is the way to go, will level like a bat out of hell at that level :)
Nysard

Topic/Postby Shevron » 23 Jan 2008, 14:11

Redridge is evil.

I wasn't going there in the first place.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Grimmlor » 23 Jan 2008, 16:49

I believe wow has made it a lot easier for lower lvl characters to lvl up
i guess they want as many people near 70 as pos
Grimmlor
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 24 Jan 2008, 00:08

Alliance levelling 20 to 30 off the top of my head.

Right, well this is totally screwed thanks to Blizzard increasing the xp reward for quests and dropping the XP needed per level betweeen 20 to 60. So I will try my best.

Kit out your alt with decent bags and about 40 to 60 of the best food available from the innkeeper. You want the best ammo for your ranged weapon of choice too. (Auction alt buys these from the trade district SW, and mails them to your warrior). Also keep a supply on you of the best health potions for your level from the AH. I would suggest you work on a deep fury dual wield talent build for levelling. If you need guidance on the talent build look at the class forum or check out Fionnula on the armoury. Warriors suck below level 40, but they get better, a lot better. You get dual wield at level 20. You get Bezerker Stance from a quest at 30 (the follow up quest is painful, cant be done till nearly 40, and the quest reward is a 2 hander. Pointless for a DW warrior, imo). You get pummel, the spell interrupt ability, at level 38. Pummel is the spell I bind to my thumb button on my MX-510 mouse. Level 40 brings the horse mount. Remember, the breeder at Menenthil harbour has all the mounts at Eastvale logging camp plus the black mount as well, you want the black mount for your warrior, honest!

Anyway, back to 20 to 30.

Begin by finishing off Westfall 100% and take in a Deadmines run. If you go with a pug don't be surprised if you are expected to tank. Don't worry, it is not that hard. Also you want to trade in 5 hops from the harvest mechanicals to the dwarf at the top of the dagger hills. Don't drink the Thunderbrew lager! Finish off Loch Modan 100% too. Speak to the npc on the Dam and kill the dark irons on the east side, recovering the barrel. Then the npc asks you to take the sample to his mate at Dun Modr. In Thelsamaar an npc asks you to see a dwarf near the Algaz (or whatever tunnel). Go to that npc and he sends you through to the Wetlands and to kill some Dragonmaw orcs.

Killing the orc scouts is easy, the others you want to kill are deeper towards the buildings, don't go there, instead kill the ones up on the hill (may need to kill scouts and let them respawn as the ones you need). You can climb up where the tree trunk bridge is or as a warrior charge up the hill. In the Wetlands you see an npc on the road, get the quest. North to Dun Modr hand in dam quest and get follow up. To Menenthil harbour get flight point and hand in quests. On the bridge outside the town there is a dwarf offering a quest, skip him for now.

With all quests handed in we pass on the Wetlands for now, it is a lot better at level 24. You can go back to loch modan and do the quest for the dam. Killling the ogres for the drop can be combined with the quest 'Mercenaries', but don't even bother with with the boss ogre quest 'Chok'sul' because he is still nails.

Redridge: Pick up all the quests you can in Lakeshire, begin working though them. 'Dry Times' sends you on a long run around, can be coupled with delivering guard parker his lunch as well as the bald-headed smith asking you to go to Goldshire. Pick up your keg of thunderbrew lager, it is part of this quest. When getting the merlot from SW pop over to the Cathedral square and pick up that ore quest line from the npc.

Now you can work on that redridge stew/pie quest, you need to kill buzzards but as you have done the smith quest to goldshire you can kill the whelpings too as they get in your way when fighting the buzzards. The part of the map where the whelpings and buzzards are needs to be done with concentration as they patrol about, so stay awake! You got the gnolls South of the lake to do. Recovering the lost necklace is dead easy and the bridgeworker's tools is easy if done with care. The smith now asks you to kill gnolls north of the town and this is combined with the bridgeworker's request to get iron pikes and bolts for him. You can even do the warrior quest to run up to the gnoll cave and back. The cave is where you get the ore from for the priest. You can mine it, random drop from the tin nodes or it drops off the gnolls in the cave.

One thing that makes Redridge easier. There is a quest to kill blackrock champions and a quest to recover battleworn axes. Get a high level friend to run you through the cave where the orcs are and rescue the trapped corparal. In doing so you will complete the two quests above as well, triple win!

For now, avoid any quest that send you up near the human castle the orcs have taken over. That is the shadowy-orb quest and the named orcs and Lt Fangore. These are best wrapped up at level 28 unless you get a group. They can be done at lower level but coprse running is frustrating, and in Redridge, it is a long corpse run too.

Oh, I forgot to mention the murloc killing quest, again, take care, to get all those scales and fish is going to take a lot of kills, just be aware of the respawns and you should be okay.

As soon as the quests look to be getting rougher in Redridge, skip over to Darkshire and do the easy quests there. Set hearthstone to the inn so you dont have to run down that road again to get back to town. I think on your first run out you have to drop stuff off with jitters, the hermit and Sven. Sven's mate asks you to kill some wolves. Back in town the innkeeper asks you for some spider legs to make crab cakes for jitters. Okay, fly to Westfall and run over the bridge to Duskwood and then south following the river bank then start killing spiders and wolves. Just follow the river bank, first north and then east killing spiders and wolves along the way.

Here is what you are doing. Your killing wolves for Sven's mate. Your killing spiders for the watcher based near the road to Stranglethorn. You are collecting spider venom for madam eva. You are collecting spider legs and wolf flanks for the chef in the inn. I make it that you are working on 5 quests at the same time.

Wetlands: When you go back there, steer clear of the ghost ship quests till later. Pick up a load of quests and head out to complete as many as possible. now is the time to get the quest from the dwarf on the bridge just outside of town. You first port of call is the Greenwarden, find him and do his quests. Kill on site any young crocs you see for their skins. Kill the bluegill murlocs and the named murloc. Find the Dwarven lady's handbag by killing the slimes. Run up to the excavation for the raptor killing quests. A full and busy evening, but you will get a lot done.

You can come back to the Wetlands when you are closer to 30. Then you can do the ships with the ghosts on, the dragonmaw orc quests and the 'boss' raptor in the excavation quest line.

Basically the trick is to keep bouncing around between Redridge, Duskwood, The Wetlands and Astraanar (if you need a change of scenery, with Astraanar you may even pop into Stonetalon for a few quests). You will probably visit each area twice. First time to do the quests closer to level 20. Then a revisit to each area to do the quests geared for characters closer to level 30. In your mid 20's do the Stockades instance too.

There is something pretty important that I have missed out here, it will come back to me.
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Previous

Return to General Discussion.