Voice actors needed

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Falcore » 24 Jan 2008, 19:27

Voice actors needed

Hey peeps..

Been working on a movie now for about 6 weeks, and although the editing and production side is covered, i do need some voice actors. I can do an array of accents and impressions, and i have a horde of sound editing software and hardware but it only stretches so far until people realise its only one voice.

Whats the movie about?

Well.. I don't want to spoil any surprises, but lets just say it revolves around the lore of both Night Elves and Orcs, all seen from the perspective of one individual, its tongue-in-cheek comedy but on average a very serious movie, think along the lines of Pirates of the Carribean (as a genre, not plot) and that gives you a general idea.. It'll be around 1 hour and 15 minutes long, and will include soundtracks from both the game and some movies.. Its not small project though, and will take roughly 8-10 months to make (took me 2 days just to make a 1min 45sec scene, and its still not perfect). I am considering putting into parts to speed up production, but we'll see...

So what do you need?

So i need about 3 voice actors.. Now when i say that, that means that you have a clear audible and convincing voice, plus the audio equipment to record without any background noise, what i basically mean is, i don't want a 13 yr old pretending to be an Orc using his PC mic and MS sound recorder.. I'm not asking for 100% proffesionalisisisism, but i am looking for people who know a thing or two about recording..

As far as acting goes, well, i'm not trying to win any awards on that part, and the voice acting i need is just simple things like war screams and short peices of dialogue, you also need to have a fast internet connection, if you're on dial-up, sorry, no cookie for you.

The one thing i really need is a female voice actor, which is a very hard thing to do in WoW, i've had a few of my "real life" friends try it, but it usually ends in laughter, and nothing ever gets done. Asides a female voice actor, i am looking for 2 seperate male voice actors, you need to be around the age of 18, and that is simply because i need a mature male voice, if you;re below that age and have a mature voice then i may make an exception.

Whats in it for me?

Well, fame and glory my friend! Or rather, your name in the credits... However i will pay you, yes you heard me right, you get paid for this.. How much? 100g for each peice of dialogue!! Wait, you thought it was real money?!? HA!!

Let me know on here, or in-game, and we'll have a chat!
Falcore
Insert Giraffe noise here

Topic/Postby Erethas » 24 Jan 2008, 20:04

I have acted before on amature theatrical productions, and I have been told I have a talent for it. I also have a deep enough voice to play an orcish character, and even though I am English is not my first language, I have a very decent accent. What I lack is a decent microphone, but that could be arranged. Do you think you could send me a few lines to try out?
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Falcore » 24 Jan 2008, 20:10

Sure thing!

Plus you'd have the choice of playing an Orc or a deranged human (shell shocked kinda deal) but if you wanted to do it, you'd be given an array of scripts for a host of different characters, which i'd run through a pitch shift to change them slightley.. That'd be just for things like backing ambience etc.

I'll run through the script i have and find some relevant things for you to say, and then just plonk them on here!
Falcore

Topic/Postby Bootle » 24 Jan 2008, 20:16

I've done voice acting on my own toons beforehand. It will be a headset mic that I will use, but I know how to edit it and record to a certain extent using Audacity (editing program of choice for moi).

I can whip up a flash soundboard of my different vocal stuffs if thou wishes?
Bootle
The Pint Sized Steamroller

Topic/Postby Falcore » 24 Jan 2008, 20:42

Sure!

But please, both of you, do not take offence if i don't accept ya, it just means you're not what i'm looking for, not that i think its crap or anything!
Falcore

Topic/Postby Bootle » 24 Jan 2008, 20:47

Aye, sure. Auditioned for loads of toons before this, so I know the drill :P
Bootle

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 25 Jan 2008, 11:57

I'm mute.

Either that or I don't have a microphone and hate the sound of my own voice!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Bootle » 25 Jan 2008, 14:50

Well I've got this soundbite for soemthing like ambience in Booty Bay etc...

http://media.putfile.com/Fisherdudes

other than that, I can do posh english (gnome?) and Solid Snake style voices.
Bootle

Topic/Postby Falcore » 25 Jan 2008, 19:22

Tis good, but one thing i wanna make sure of, is a complete absence of american accents, mainly because all WoW movies these days have American voice actors.

The audio quality is very tinny too, maybe its just the room your recording in or your microphone, i'm not sure, but i can help you out with that.. For example, as stupid as it sounds, put a towel over your head before you record.
Falcore

Topic/Postby Bootle » 25 Jan 2008, 20:45

Actually. That was just noise removal to get rid of the hiss. I'll use a tad less next time...

Also... seeing as most of the VA's in WoW are american (especially humans) it's hard not to follow suit.
Bootle

Next

Return to General Discussion.