Tincan Talents

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Pepple » 28 Jan 2008, 15:22

Tried both Boots and rarely made a difference. Found it was a waste and wanted Impale much much more.

For fury, it's very rare your mobs will survive execute unless they're elite.. if they do, you need more attack power.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Arabella » 28 Jan 2008, 16:37

yeah, but nys... +5% crit chance? or improved wanding? makes no real diff as long as you remember to actually use the points.

Anywho, from the couple of times i've played with pep, he knows his stuff DPS-wise. managed to have the same as the entire rest of our UBRS group put together.
Bring the Light!
Arabella
Sensuous Slaneshi Sybarite

Topic/Postby Nysard » 28 Jan 2008, 17:26

Arabella wrote:yeah, but nys... +5% crit chance? or improved wanding? makes no real diff as long as you remember to actually use the points.

Anywho, from the couple of times i've played with pep, he knows his stuff DPS-wise. managed to have the same as the entire rest of our UBRS group put together.

Improve Wanding every time, for a low level Priest that is.

Once you hit level 5 grab yourself a wand from the Auction House, it'll be flooded with level 5 wands that are made by enchanters. Use one of them and you'll find yourself killing mobs in 4/5 wand blasts, no downtime and really quick levelling. Once you hit level 10, start filling out the improved wand talent.

Level 10-14 Improve Wanding / 15-20 Spirit Tap, you'll maximise damage to begin with and then once you start casting a bit more you minimise your downtime because of the Spirit Tap procs.
Nysard

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 28 Jan 2008, 17:31

I still have my first wand. Cost me 6 silver.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 28 Jan 2008, 19:48

I can't seem to access the armoury (again) so I can't link you to Fionnula's build, but ..... I keep information on most of my characters in text files and here is the link to her level 60 build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LVZVVzVgxoiuVo

Pretty much the same a Pep's build with a few differences:
Weapon mastery leans more to PvP than PvE ( well, I thought so ), the theorycraft shows 3 points in precision will give you better overall results (although you will still miss a lot).

2 points in improved execute and improved berserker rage can give you an Execute > Berserker Rage > Execute finisher, but that again is more PvP in nature. Feel free to move those points from improved execute to improved whirlwhind.

The beauty of a fury build over an arms build is that you can kill everything where an arms build depends on mobs that are susceptible to bleed damage for deep wounds to kick in. Go deep fury first then develop the arms tree. Still you will need to respecc again before 70, you need to drop 3 from fury to get the 18 in arms for impale (which is nice).

I went for a spell cycle sort of like:

Battle Stance > Charge > Berserker Stance > Battle Shout > Bloodthirst > Bloodthirst > Bloodthirst etc until mob dead. Don't forget to hit rampage just after your first crit.

Avoid using execute then Intercept next target (if you have 10 rage) and repeat.

If your in trouble you usually have to kill your way out of it. One thing that helped me was when I had 25 rage was switch off auto attack, hit intimidating shout and bandage.

I rebound assist from 'F' to 'Y' so I could get bloodthirst on the 'F' key and pummel was on an extra mouse button.

To keep rage generation up, avoid using heroic strike, not only does it cost 15 points to use it also prevents you from generating rage off your next hit. Only use HS if you have way too much rage and you need to dump some off in fear of losing it. Don't be afraid to hit Bloodrage, it is a simple rage boost.

Avoid fighting multiple mobs, warriors do not excel at this, but I found then when I screwed up Berserker Rage > (Recklessness if available) > Sweeping Strikes > Whirlwind > Cleave would destroy everything with the force of a small atomic blast.

Well, that is basically everything I know about fury warriors. Play with what you see above and come to your own conclusions. Bootle and Pepple have a much deeper knowledge of warriors than I do, so I am sure they will correct me where I have messed up here and I bow to their greater experience.

All the best,
~Lin
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Topic/Postby Arabella » 31 Jan 2008, 12:07

hm. i just hate wanding, to be honest. you do have a point. got to waste a retalent to get out of your early spec if you do that. *shrug*

Also... I made my own first wand, at level 10. didnt know they existed until then :(

EDIT: to be a bit more on-topic, the WoW class forums probably have more detailed discussion than we could ever manage, if you can be bothered to sift through the million tons of trash posts to find the good thread.
Bring the Light!
Arabella
Sensuous Slaneshi Sybarite

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 31 Jan 2008, 19:20

Class forums are always worth a peek:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/index.html?sid=1#classes

No real need to sift through the forum though, go for the sticky right at the top of the list:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 1020&sid=1
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Previous

Return to General Discussion.