WotlK computer Spec's.

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Shadowrend » 06 Oct 2008, 22:11

WotlK computer Spec's.

Well, just a general question about the up-comming Expansion pack! (which is RIGHT around the corner:o )

My computer:

(I'm just writing down what my dxdiag something says)

Systemproducer: NVIDIA
Systemmmodel: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X2000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.7GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
DirectX-version: Direct 9.0c

Graphics:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 6200
DAC-type: Interegrated RAMDAC
Ca. Total Memory: 512.0 MB
Screen: Plug and Play-Screen.

There's my computer, and the reason for me asking this question is, that when The Burning Crusade came out, i was pretty much short on Graphic memory, i ran normally with 6-10 fps, and in Shattrat and areas like that, i ran at 1 fps ca.

With the upcomming Expansion Pack, (Wrath of the Lich King.) Will i be able to run well? Or run the game at all? I know my graphic card Isn't the best in the world, but i love it :o I got it as a "welcome home" and "get better soon" gift after my second lung collapse. And it made wonders for my computer, and for my gaming experiences. Though i had to remove my computer cabinet and put a table fan close to the computer to not overheat my computer due to the lack of graphic card fan. (how much heat (Temperature.) can the computer and graphic card take before it goes bye bye?

As for a second question: Before Sylfester moved away and quit R&P, i tried playing Shadowrend on his computer, and when i died, the screen went Black&White which was a awesome death effect, and I've seen this before, on Ethillien's computer as well as others, but on mine, It's not even close to that :o Not on my last graphic card, and not on this graphic card. Why is that? I've tried fixing it in the Graphic section in game. Still no change.

List of all the questions I've asked:

*With my Computer, can i drive and play Wrath of the Lich King?

*If so, how good ca. would i be able to run it on? I can run it on pretty good quality now, though my fps jump a bit between 30-50 and sometimes down to 15-20.

*Why am i seeing death effects in another way then others, like Sylfester?

*Rate me from 1 to 10, where 10 is best! (Hey! Don't expect me to be less self obsessed because i make a serious thread!)

Much love, Shada.
Save yourself the trouble and let's face it, I rule, You fool!

Yey! Pepple made me a Sheriff! *flashes badge* Yea, that's right.

-Shada [SIZE="5"]-The God-[/SIZE] Stormflower.
Shadowrend
Undisputed God of PvP

Topic/Postby Shadowrend » 06 Oct 2008, 22:16

I might add, that i have NO idea what-so-ever what anything of this means, so by all means, do enlighten me in what I've just written.

Shadowrend
Undisputed God of PvP

Topic/Postby Nariac » 06 Oct 2008, 22:38

- You ought to be able to play Wrath
- It will look and feel pretty awful!
- I'm not sure. Probably due to the different video cards and video settings.
- Uhh, probably 3-4/10. Don't hate me! Best is -good-. I'd give myself 7/10, and I have a quad core 2.6 Ghz processor, a 512mb nVidea 8800, and 8gb RAM
Nariac
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shadowrend » 06 Oct 2008, 23:10

8gb RAM?! Shit.. In euro, what would a computer like that be costing?

Shadowrend
Undisputed God of PvP

Topic/Postby Shadowrend » 06 Oct 2008, 23:25

Nariac wrote:- You ought to be able to play Wrath
- It will look and feel pretty awful!
- I'm not sure. Probably due to the different video cards and video settings.
- Uhh, probably 3-4/10. Don't hate me! Best is -good-. I'd give myself 7/10, and I have a quad core 2.6 Ghz processor, a 512mb nVidea 8800, and 8gb RAM

But seriously.. It'll look AND feel pretty awful?! I can't really afford a better computer =( It'll suck to bad if i can't be playing WotlK because my computer Isn't working for the game........

Shadowrend
Undisputed God of PvP

Topic/Postby Erethas » 06 Oct 2008, 23:38

As far as the death effect is concerned, it's an option in the graphics options screen.
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shadowrend » 06 Oct 2008, 23:40

Erethas wrote:As far as the death effect is concerned, it's an option in the graphics options screen.

Tried it, but It just doesn't work, the effect i get is just a bit darker colors, not black and white. I'll post a pic of it when i get around to play Shadowrend a bit more.

Shadowrend
Undisputed God of PvP

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 07 Oct 2008, 00:32

Weird on the graphics effects.... I was thinking it might be a lack of memory of support from the graphics card - but it seems fine. You upgraded the drivers recently?

You should be able to run the expansion, though the speed might be a little choppier than what you're currently getting.

Problem is, you'd find it hard to get a graphics card to fit your PC too - it uses an older plug. To use a more recent graphics card you'd more or less have to rip the old machine to pieces and start again. So, I'd give it 4/10. It's not totally hopeless but it may struggle.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Lyntaria » 07 Oct 2008, 06:32

WoW even runs on a toaster coupled to an aquarium as screen. Seriously, I`ve played it on the back up PC for months when i was `between` computers, a 64 mb ram thing with a 14inch screen, 6 year old out dated machine and it worked...
Lyntaria

Topic/Postby Erethas » 07 Oct 2008, 07:03

Shadowrend wrote:Tried it, but It just doesn't work, the effect i get is just a bit darker colors, not black and white. I'll post a pic of it when i get around to play Shadowrend a bit more.

Then your card is missing that particular hardware shader, and tries to emulate it instead. I became very acquainted with this mechanism when I was working on MyAzeroth, as I was using the shader to make the game icons have the same texture as parchment to be used for images in books.
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Next

Return to General Discussion.