And this is why we get low level loot ninjas...

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Voca » 30 Jan 2008, 00:02

Well that's annoying. Don't they know that retards take it seriously and ruin any chances of us getting leet low level lewts?
HB: Waste exactly four hours on this tomfoolery.

If you are cold, it will warm you.
If you are too heated, it will cool you.
If you are depressed, it will cheer you.
If you are excited, it will calm you.
NOW SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!
Voca
Exactly 26 Belgiums

Topic/Postby Lathillya » 30 Jan 2008, 01:15

maybe I'm stupid.. but I didnt see the mistake..
Lathillya

Topic/Postby Voca » 30 Jan 2008, 01:33

Lathillya wrote:maybe I'm stupid.. but I didnt see the mistake..

The pic swaps the Need and Greed icons around...so all those low level ninjas genuinely think the dice means they're greeding.

Or so we'd like to think...anything but admitting that they're 24 carat retards.
HB: Waste exactly four hours on this tomfoolery.

If you are cold, it will warm you.
If you are too heated, it will cool you.
If you are depressed, it will cheer you.
If you are excited, it will calm you.
NOW SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!
Voca
Exactly 26 Belgiums

Topic/Postby Grimmlor » 30 Jan 2008, 02:07

I wont even say what i thought you where going on about i am really dumb
i did not notice the picture altough i have now and it made me chuckle it was the text that confused me and thats what i thought you where going on about

Group Loot (default) - When an item equal to or above the threshold (details on threshold below) is on a monster that is killed, everyone gets a pop-up box on their screen with the item and pass or roll options and a timer. Anyone who rolls, displays a number between 1 and 100, the highest roller of all those who choose to roll automatically gets the item. Anyone who waits until the timer expires automatically passes. Items below the threshold are taken care of by normal round robin rules. If more than one player ties a loot roll, a random player will receive the loot. An interface option, "Detailed Loot Information" is defaulted to 'on.' If you turn it off you will only see the roll and Need/Greed option of the player who won the item rather than information for every player.

the bit i underlined it confused me because rather the passes meaning you pass on it like its meant i thought it meant you automaticly pass the roll and get the item witch i thought was strange as it does not work like that in game

now i feel dumb
Grimmlor
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 30 Jan 2008, 10:18

Heheh, I get what you mean though.

How many people here remember before the rolling thing was implemented and you had to decide need or greed within the group, I wonder?
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Erethas » 30 Jan 2008, 11:01

I remember. Every time some crap dropped all had to wait until everyone made up their mind about needing it or not, and only when everyone said they were greeding you could roll, otherwise you should pass, and if you didn't notice that someone typed 'n' instead of 'g' and rolled there was a shitstorm and the group disbanded... Fun times.
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 30 Jan 2008, 11:09

sounds like fun indeed
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Pepple » 30 Jan 2008, 11:19

Arrrrgh, yes..

I remember before the roll, you think Pugs are bad now.. jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus. The roll system was shunned for a while and people stuck to n and g, until they realised the system was easier.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 30 Jan 2008, 13:45

You mean this wasn't there from the beginning? I don't want to think about what that would be like.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 30 Jan 2008, 16:49

*breathes deeply* ahhh, how life has changed...

No more running from one continent to another because you finally got the 5th person for a trip to Scarlet Monastery, no running all the way to the instance to join the queue for the instance, no more 'n/g' or the occasional but highly confusing 'w/v'(want/vendor, why did people do things like this?), No more getting killed by mobs in trees...
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion.