Patch 2.4 Pre Release Notes

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Nysard » 02 Feb 2008, 11:51

Patch 2.4 Pre Release Notes

General
[list]
[*] Characters will now retain talented spell ranks so when they retalent they do not have to relearn the spells from trainers.
[/*:m][*] Spell Haste: Spell haste now reduces the global cooldown on spells, down to a minimum of 1 second. This change does not apply to melee and ranged abilities.
[/*:m][*] Patch 2.4 will remove the restriction for Ritual of Summoning that prevents you from summoning players into instances. Provided the player meets the instance requirements, you'll be able to summon them in from anywhere in the world.[/*:m][/list:u]
Items
[list]
[*] Once every 24 hours, through Enchanting (not Alchemy) you'll be able to split a Void Crystal into two Large Prismatic Shards. This is through a new recipe that's being added in 2.4.
[/*:m][*] Gems obtained through Heroic difficulty instances are no longer Unique-equipped.
[/*:m][*] Players will now be able to purchase level 70 Superior quality (blue) PvP items from reputation vendors in Outland.
[/*:m][*] Items intended for Retribution Paladins have had their stats adjusted. Retribution Paladins should see an increase in dps as a result.
[/*:m][*] Players can now only carry 80 Conjured Manna Biscuits at a time.[/*:m][/list:u]

PvP Arenas
[list]
[*] Shadow Sight in patch 2.4 is now going to increase damage taken by 5% rather than dealing damage over time. The duration has also been reduced from 21 seconds to 15 seconds. [/*:m][/list:u]
PvP

[list]
[*] Players will now be able to purchase level 70 Superior quality (blue) PvP items from reputation vendors in Outland.
[/*:m][*] We've reached a point where we're now confident that applying diminishing returns to honor is no longer necessary, and we're currently planning to remove it with the 2.4 patch.
[/*:m][*] Players that have the resurrection sickness debuff will not be worth any honor, and if a player dies 50 times or more during a battleground they won’t be worth any honor for the remainder of that battle.
[/*:m][*] What the removal of diminishing returns means for you is that as soon as you defeat an opponent that rewards you honor, you will receive that honor, and you will be able to spend it right then. There will no longer be an estimate, and you will no longer need to wait until the next day until you can actually spend it. Your achievements through honor-based PvP will be instananeous. [/*:m][/list:u]
Dungeons and Raids

[list]
[*] All 25-player raid bosses that drop set tokens will now drop an additional token!
[/*:m][*] All 25-player raid bosses will drop more gold.
[/*:m][*] Gems obtained through Heroic difficulty instances are no longer Unique-equipped.
[/*:m][*] Loot dropped by Doomlord Kazzak and Doomwalker has been changed to Bind on Equip. In addition, the cash dropped by these bosses has been significantly increased.
[/*:m][*] Scale of the Sands reputation will now be awarded in Hyjal at a much higher rate.[/*:m][/list:u]
Professions
[list]
[*] A new daily quest will be added for fishing. It's available from "the mysterious old man" near Silmyr Lake outside of Shattrath.[/*:m][/list:u]
Interface
[list]
[*] When you loot a Bind on Pickup item that only you can pick up (such as Heroic Badges) you'll no longer see the confirmation dialog.
[/*:m][*] When you loot a Bind of Pickup item the confirmation window is going to list the name of the item in the window/[/*:m][/list:u]
Druid
[list]
[*] The Feral bears will be seeing an improvement with Lacerate dealing additional damage based on your attack power.[/*:m][/list:u]
Mage
[list]
[*] Spellsteal will no longer overwrite a longer duration buff.
[/*:m][*] Players can now only carry 80 Conjured Manna Biscuits at a time. [/*:m][/list:u]
Paladin
[list]
[*] Items intended for Retribution Paladins have had their stats adjusted. Retribution Paladins should see an increase in dps as a result.[/*:m][/list:u]
Priest
[list]
[*] Priests will now be able to use Fear Ward while in Shadow Form. [/*:m][/list:u]
Shaman
[list]
[*] Healing grace will reduce the chance that all of your spells will be dispelled by 10/20/30%.[/*:m][/list:u]Warlock
[list]
[*] Patch 2.4 will remove the restriction for Ritual of Summoning that prevents you from summoning players into instances. Provided the player meets the instance requirements, you'll be able to summon them in from anywhere in the world. [/*:m][/list:u]
Warrior

[list]
[*] Endless rage will now yields the correct amount of rage (25%).
[/*:m][*] Off-hand weapon can now critical hits from Whirlwind trigger Flurry and Rampage.[/*:m][/list:u]

World
[list]
[*] Summoning restrictions in Netherstorm have been lifted.[/*:m][/list:u]

Interface
[list]
[*] GM messages now appear with a Blizzard icon near their name. (Source)
[/*:m][*] The profession UI search field has been improved and now allows for searching of more types of things. For instance you can search for items by socket color, by effect ("Critical Strike" for instance) or search gems by their effect ("Strength" for instance). In addition, the searching of items by level has been made more intuitive. You can now search for items by level with "15-20" to search for items that you can make that have a minimum level required of 15 to 20.[/*:m][/list:u]

All credit goes to MMO-Champion

Remeber this is just a "teaser" of what's to come, i'm sure the juicy bits will be kept for the main notes.

My view: Looking good so far, Fear Ward castable in Shadowform, thank you! Diminishing returns taken away from PvP, even better :)
Nysard

Topic/Postby Erethas » 02 Feb 2008, 12:37

Hmm, that change to spell haste seems suspicious... 1.5 sec global cooldown has been something that has been around since the start of the game...
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lyntaria » 02 Feb 2008, 15:21

The summon into instance... not sure about that though.

The tempest keep instances don`t have a flyer as a `pure` requirement, just a way to get there after all, so I HOPE one cannot summon `under flyer equipped` people into those.
Lyntaria

Topic/Postby Bynji » 02 Feb 2008, 17:49

I'm mostly interested in the blue pvp armour from vendors. Hopefully they sell it for gold rather then honor.
I think that the honor change will make WSG/AB/EoTS more viable for getting honor, which is good.
The BoE loot from Kazzak and Doomwalker is interesting as well, this allows raiders to earn a good cash and casuals like me to improve their gear.
But the best part about the honor change is that honor will be calculated instantly now, it wasn't possible because of those diminishing returns.
Bynji

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 02 Feb 2008, 17:50

L?ntaria wrote:The summon into instance... not sure about that though.

The tempest keep instances don`t have a flyer as a `pure` requirement, just a way to get there after all, so I HOPE one cannot summon `under flyer equipped` people into those.

It's possible that they will be classed as being in Netherstorm, which would prevent summoning.

What appauls me is the number of Warlocks on the official forums who consider this a nerf because "we will have to use more shards."

:hmpf:
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 02 Feb 2008, 18:55

Looks like a good patch pvp-wise
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Nysard » 03 Feb 2008, 12:29

Added the following:
World
[list]
[*] Summoning restrictions in Netherstorm have been lifted.[/*:m][/list:u]

Interface
[list]
[*] GM messages now appear with a Blizzard icon near their name. (Source)
[/*:m][*] The profession UI search field has been improved and now allows for searching of more types of things. For instance you can search for items by socket color, by effect ("Critical Strike" for instance) or search gems by their effect ("Strength" for instance). In addition, the searching of items by level has been made more intuitive. You can now search for items by level with "15-20" to search for items that you can make that have a minimum level required of 15 to 20.[/*:m][/list:u]

Summoning being returned to Netherstorm, seems like 'flyer only' instances have now been opened to everyone without the winged mount. Although that said, I don't know anyone without one now, but still, good for alts :)
Nysard

Topic/Postby Erethas » 03 Feb 2008, 13:33

I guess the reason behind the lift of the summoning restriction is that the next expansion is approaching, and players who are just now getting to level 70 should have a chance to see those instances (as well as Karazhan) without having to grind for a flier first.
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Folji » 03 Feb 2008, 22:27

If this is nothing but a share of what this patch has in store... I can't wait to see the rest of the notes.
Folji
Spoony Bard

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 03 Feb 2008, 22:59

gotta say i love the idea of honor being calculated instantly High five Blizzard :D
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Return to General Discussion.