Is there such thing as a Alt-Aholic?

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 06 Feb 2008, 21:39

Is there such thing as a Alt-Aholic?

I think I might be one. I don't want to be, I just want to focus on one or maybe two toons. Sad thing is I just think i am addicted to the levelling process.

alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Topic/Postby Erethas » 06 Feb 2008, 22:10

I am the exact opposite, I prefer playing only one character. The funny thing is, that I too love the leveling process more than end game. That's why I love it when a new expansion comes out, because I get to level up Erethas again.

In any case though, I am trying to level an orc too to experience the horde quests. I also leveled every class to level 10-20, to get a feel of their game play. But that's all.
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 06 Feb 2008, 22:58

Well you don't really get the true feel of a class before atleast lvl 40...
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Erethas » 06 Feb 2008, 23:08

There is NO way I am leveling another toon to 40... two were enough...
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 06 Feb 2008, 23:27

To be honest, I'm not sure what I think of levelling... Unless I really enjoy a character, it feels a bit like drudgery.

I think I enjoy the sorta' developing a character the most, giving them a personality, backstory, even an outfit. Then breathing a bit o' life into them through RP.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Lyntaria » 07 Feb 2008, 00:55

I like levelling, but around level 20 - 30 I usually start to miss the `raw` power of my 70... and the lower one gets stored for a while
Lyntaria

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 07 Feb 2008, 01:26

10 characters on Moonglade:

Levels: 70, 70, 65, 62, 61, 60, 59, 48, 41, 40

The 40 & 41 are storage and auction alts. The only way I can level a character is for each one to have a 'hook', just something about them that makes them interesting and a little unique. Even though I have 3 paladins and 3 warriors, to me they are all different and all special (virtual) people.

I have decided to concentrate on my two guilded characters, Lin and Viks. I just can't shake the urge to go and level one of my other alts though. Really annoying!
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Topic/Postby Voca » 07 Feb 2008, 01:45

It's frustrating that all of my alts have their own little personal quirks that make playing them so fun. When I play Eli, I feel like I'm more useful, but Raythor is hilarious to play as, while Vex and Neliane have a good RP thing going...gah! :bworried:
HB: Waste exactly four hours on this tomfoolery.

If you are cold, it will warm you.
If you are too heated, it will cool you.
If you are depressed, it will cheer you.
If you are excited, it will calm you.
NOW SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!
Voca
Exactly 26 Belgiums

Topic/Postby Bootle » 07 Feb 2008, 02:21

Jeez. Don't even need to go through my Alt complexes :P

Bootle. My main, the first.
Keron, originally my grinder. Good for the odd bit of quirky RP, or for stuff that requires not being seen.
Bystan. The quench of my tanking thirst on Horde.

...and countless others. Started a druid now as a compromise to my tank/dps dilemma on Bootle. When I'm a tank, people need DPS... When I'm a DPS, cant find a tank :P
Bootle
The Pint Sized Steamroller

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 07 Feb 2008, 02:41

I personally like creating alts for several reasons, the main one being the increasing boredom that overcomes a 70 toon. That can happen due to the daily routines, be it RP , PvE or PvP , it comes a time where you realize you are repeating stuff or actually doing nothing at all and you frown. That's the time where creating an alt is crucial for you to:
a) keep yourself entertained
b) Get some resting time from your main char and eventually start to miss playing with it and comeback with new ideas
c) get to know other classes or the other faction

For some time I was the guy who thought "Who needs alts?" but when I started to get
bored from the daily routines and the lack of fresh ideas, it was creating alts that kept me amused in WoW,
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Next

Return to General Discussion.