Patch 2.4 Notes + Info

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Bootle » 06 Mar 2008, 13:16

Malygos though... I'm pissed off that you have to kill him now. Come on, no Aspect has died so far, so why should the first one be at the hands of the players?

Blarg.
Bootle
The Pint Sized Steamroller

Topic/Postby Nysard » 06 Mar 2008, 13:20

Bootle wrote:Malygos though... I'm pissed off that you have to kill him now. Come on, no Aspect has died so far, so why should the first one be at the hands of the players?

Blarg.

Will he die though? From a Lore point of view not many of the other aspects would allow it, although I suppose they could say:

Green flight are in Emerald Dream
Red flight stuck in Grim Batol
Black Flight, couldn't care less
Bronze flight, stuck doing caverns of time business

I'd hate to see him die, especially as he's being billed as the burning crusades Magtheridon, i.e. entry level 25 man raid.

Knock some sense into him sure (he is a bit nuts) but don't by the whole killing of him, aspects are above mortals for a reason.
Nysard

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 06 Mar 2008, 13:33

Warrior skill "Fuck, my head is on fire!" has still not been implemented. Or Mortal Vanish.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Bootle » 06 Mar 2008, 13:34

Actually, rumour has it that the Reds are helping you beat him up.

Genocide? That would never sit well with Alextrazsa, not in any situation.
Bootle
The Pint Sized Steamroller

Topic/Postby Nysard » 06 Mar 2008, 13:39

Bootle wrote:Actually, rumour has it that the Reds are helping you beat him up.

Genocide? That would never sit well with Alextrazsa, not in any situation.

One hell of a major retcon if true, depending on the situation that is.

Would Alextrazsa prefer one aspect dead, or every spell caster in Azeroth? Catch 22 situation.

My guess if the red are helping (hope we see Krasus!) that once you get him to 0 health they'll step in and subdue him or something.
Nysard

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 06 Mar 2008, 14:38

Most likely he'll be subdued. As for the general villian killing stuff I'd rather it this way. May sound wierd but so far my three favourite WoW characters (Kel'thuzad, Kael and Illidan) have been made killable bosses. Now Kel'thuzad is hardly the dead forever type. Kael may die in a five man but the over all story is pretty good. And as for Illidan I actually think his story was in danger of growing stale so killing him off was best in my opnion.

As for the players killing the characters the first important point is everyone seems to insist on making the incidence of lolraiderpwnznubz downing a boss the canon version. Simple fact is there is no one canon version of these events anymore. There's thousands. Simply put level 70 are not in actual fact mere nobodies unless you insist on them being so. Everybody gets to relive their own version of the story. Sure a bunch of lolcultists will bump off Kael in magister's terrace, but I'll get to see a version where Rinu and four others kill him. It makes my whole WoW experience feel more epic.

So the chance to fight major lore characters? Yes please.

My two cents on the matter.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Nysard » 06 Mar 2008, 14:40

"Felguard Cleave: This ability will no longer strike any secondary target which is under the effect of crowd-control spells that break on taking damage. ie. Polymorph, Sap, etc."
Nysard

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 06 Mar 2008, 14:43

Nysard wrote:"Felguard Cleave: This ability will no longer strike any secondary target which is under the effect of crowd-control spells that break on taking damage. ie. Polymorph, Sap, etc."

:bbiggrin:
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Lyntaria » 06 Mar 2008, 16:18

Well, if bad guys get it, new ones can step up

Now where to send my application...
Lyntaria

Topic/Postby Nysard » 12 Mar 2008, 14:18

New prices for profession stuff

So much for all that JC love, going to cost me 2k ish for all those lovely designs, expect sky high prices for those epic gems folks.

Nysard

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion.