A place to host stories

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 13 Jan 2008, 18:11

A place to host stories

I don't suppose any of you know a decent place to host simple html pages for stories? I ask because I'd rather post the changes up as a single page and just post "updated" to the four or so forums I post the story in.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Shevron » 13 Jan 2008, 21:19

I have no idea ... but we could come up with something :D .. i'll do some research!
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 13 Jan 2008, 22:59

I didn't even know WoW had it's own story section. As for a blog, it would get a bit out of hand as I have four stories I'm adding to all the time, so somewhere where I can just add more on the end would be easier.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 14 Jan 2008, 17:21

Well, The warcraft site doesn't let you update stories, so I went to look for hosting of simple pages elsewhere... Now I have the domain talesofazeroth.co.uk but have shitty MSOfficeLive as the system to use which doesn't actually allow you to put your own pages up. ARRRGGHGGGHGHGHGHGHHHHHH!!!!!!:banghead:
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Nysard » 14 Jan 2008, 17:37

It is possible we can add a system in place where each user gets their own html page to edit as they want etc.

Not sure if it's something we could do (not sure if its available for this forum version) but will look into it, could be a possible solution I suppose.
Nysard

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 14 Jan 2008, 17:40

The problem is more I need it accessible for outsiders as well. A Stitch in Time for instance is a story about Zaggi that I posted here, the Academy forum and was going to post on the unofficial board except that it's down. I'd rather I could just upload it as I can write my own HTML wrapper for the story in a couple of minutes anyway.

Does anyone know if I can cancel my OfficeLive site... I'd rather not take up a good domain with possibly the shittiest hosting system ever.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Randaldom » 18 Jan 2008, 12:57

Well its really not a problem, as long as you dont mind it being a subsite here and you know your way around ftp to upload stuff there. (this is the offer for others here too)

So to set this up, just send me a mail to my randaldom rnp email or a pm in here with a subdomain you want like cherwina.rhymeandpunishment.net and ill send you your ftp account back :)
Randaldom

Topic/Postby Voca » 18 Jan 2008, 16:57

Just thinking of something we did back in uni, would a wiki suffice? Have it so only signed members can edit it, protect the pages with the stories on, and do it like that? Or would it absolutely have to be HTML?
HB: Waste exactly four hours on this tomfoolery.

If you are cold, it will warm you.
If you are too heated, it will cool you.
If you are depressed, it will cheer you.
If you are excited, it will calm you.
NOW SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!
Voca
Exactly 26 Belgiums

Topic/Postby Shevron » 18 Jan 2008, 18:15

Might be an idea ... checking what's needed for a wiki...

Nys and Rand ... what do you think?
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Shevron » 18 Jan 2008, 18:40

Looks simple enough. We'd need to upgrade our php version one notch to 5.x though
Shevron
Resident Grump

Next

Return to General Discussion.