What do you listen to while you play?

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 21 Feb 2008, 02:16

What do you listen to while you play?

Sometimes I like to listen to the classic in-game music to bring back that feeling I had when the game was new to me. Sometimes I have no music when I want to be able to hear every sound clearly, such as in instances or pvp. When it comes to playing music I have different artists for every character, the most popular ones work out like this:

Heinze (arms warrior) - Metallica, Rammstein

Fionnula (fury warrior) - The Prodigy

Niodia (shadow priestess) - Hed Kandi beach house series

Lintissa - Medi?val B?bes

So, what is it you like to listen to while playing?
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Topic/Postby Voca » 21 Feb 2008, 02:29

Most of the time, I use stuff I've collected together in Soundtrack. Probably one of my favourites is Chronopolis from Chrono Cross, used for Blackrock Mountain and the surrounding areas. That, and Unforgotten from Halo 2 for Netherstorm.

Occasionally, like you Lin, I pop a few tracks on that suit characters more, like The Other Side (Sirenia) for Verixa and Nel, or The Hand of Sorrow (Within Temptation) for Elinael. Still looking for some more stuff for Soundtrack to spice up what's rapidly descending into drudgery.
HB: Waste exactly four hours on this tomfoolery.

If you are cold, it will warm you.
If you are too heated, it will cool you.
If you are depressed, it will cheer you.
If you are excited, it will calm you.
NOW SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!
Voca
Exactly 26 Belgiums

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 21 Feb 2008, 02:32

hmm well, I don't listen to anything specific for each character. But I like listening to Blue Oyster Cult, Rolling Stones, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and lots of other things... I'm pretty open minded when it comes to music... but i don't listen to chav music (rap, hip-hop, the so called RnB (god damn ripoffers), techno, trance and so on.) But i'm not too fond of music that just contains mostly screaming and not very good or understandable lyrics...

And i just want to add that i like a lot of game music too, especially from Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger (never arsed myself to play Chrono Cross, i felt that the long gap in between the games ruined the consistency) but also from games like Halo and other really epic games... (yea i mean the halo TRILOGY is epic, not each game individually) but i never listen to that music unless i'm playing the game (don't bother with trying to track down audio files etc. etc.) so often i find myself just whisteling or humming to myself... or thinking of the music in my head... I feel strange for saying :P
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Fereth » 21 Feb 2008, 02:39

I have different playlists for pve and pvp. For pvp I have rock and metal and for pve it's more movie soundtracks and more classical rock.
Fereth
Rawr!

Topic/Postby Folji » 21 Feb 2008, 08:51

I've got Soundtrack rigged up to play various soundtracks from games, movies and similar under various conditions. Some specific soundtracks when in a city, others for various zone and a wide array for when I'm in battle, with music for all sorts of battle encounters.

Tired of the WoW music, but don't want to use a lot of *songs* for it, so I got about.. 250 video game songs for various situations.
Folji
Spoony Bard

Topic/Postby Shevron » 21 Feb 2008, 09:27

Nothing more relaxing that the WoW music and ambience itself. But that's me.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 21 Feb 2008, 11:35

Ditto, I like the in game music.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Erethas » 21 Feb 2008, 11:52

Yeah, I prefer the game music too. I mean it was composed specifically for the game, so I guess it will provide a better gaming experience.

However, when I was farming honor before the 2.3 patch, I just selected a random folder from my music collection before I logged it in order to take my mind off the boring grind in AV.
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lyntaria » 21 Feb 2008, 12:30

I watch tele at the meantime
Lyntaria

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 21 Feb 2008, 14:31

Yea I like the game music too... but it's cool to like have a FF boss tune when fighting bosses in raid encounters
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Next

Return to General Discussion.