What do you listen to while you play?

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Folji » 21 Feb 2008, 14:36

Shevron wrote:Nothing more relaxing that the WoW music and ambience itself. But that's me.

Love some of the original WoW music, but mostly the original Azeroth part of it. The Outland music can be a bit too weak and dull for my taste at some points, didn't really like the Terokkar, Netherstorm and Hellfire music, among other things.
Folji
Spoony Bard

Topic/Postby Shevron » 21 Feb 2008, 14:45

Hellfire I like .. there's a eerie guitar thing to it.

Terokkar is particular.

Nagrand I love.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Folji » 21 Feb 2008, 14:58

Is it possible to not love the Nagrand music? :top:
Folji
Spoony Bard

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 21 Feb 2008, 16:02

Much as I love the in-game music it would be nice to tailor it. I scrapped soundtrack however due to a lack of RAM and music I felt appropriate. Would love FF stuff for boss fights and classical/orchestral peices for zones (would create a nice contrast between being in and out of boss fights too). I have no such tracks however.

Personally I would like to be able to assign specific tracks to different bosses but from my brief play with soundtrack it doesn't look like you can.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Voca » 21 Feb 2008, 16:05

Rinu wrote:Personally I would like to be able to assign specific tracks to different bosses but from my brief play with soundtrack it doesn't look like you can.

You can, but I haven't quite figured out how to do it yet...

Edit: Aha, twigged it. You have to target aforementioned boss, select "Add Target" in the boss menu, then assign a track to it. It's simplicity is making me kick myself for not realising it sooner.

Edit 2: Interestingly, this also works for other player characters too...customised duel music depending on who you're fighting? I like it...
HB: Waste exactly four hours on this tomfoolery.

If you are cold, it will warm you.
If you are too heated, it will cool you.
If you are depressed, it will cheer you.
If you are excited, it will calm you.
NOW SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!
Voca
Exactly 26 Belgiums

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 21 Feb 2008, 16:08

Voca wrote:You can, but I haven't quite figured out how to do it yet...

Edit: Aha, twigged it. You have to target aforementioned boss, select "Add Target" in the boss menu, then assign a track to it. It's simplicity is making me kick myself for not realising it sooner.

Ah, cool. It's funny actually I was idling thinking what bosses suited what music and decided to pop on the forums to find this thread. Spooky.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 21 Feb 2008, 16:17

I enjoy the WoW music but I get tired of hearing it constantly so I end up playing random mp3 inside the progressive / gothic / power / metal . Things like Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Within Temptation, DreamTheater, Epica, Rhapsody, The Gathering (not so metal style but neato).
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Previous

Return to General Discussion.