Devavictrix Vs. Blizzard: Act 2

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Iso Victrix » 09 Mar 2008, 12:08

Devavictrix Vs. Blizzard: Act 2

Last week I tried to log on to WoW but it said my prepaid account has expired. No biggy. I just log onto my account and try to make a payment with my debit card. For whatever reason, the money isn't leaving my account so I decide to go and buy a games card. Game cards some packaged in a full sized DvD case.

Disgusted, I made this post on the WoW suggestions forum.

Please lend your support. I think it's a worthy cause.
Iso Victrix

Topic/Postby Nariac » 09 Mar 2008, 14:17

Move over, Dathrohan.

We have a new Grand Crusader! *salutes*
Nariac
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Pepple » 09 Mar 2008, 16:01

At ease, Soldier!

True though, I doubt they'd do jack all, but very true.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Bootle » 09 Mar 2008, 17:49

I've never had a problem with it. Saved me money on buying cases for my random self-written dvd-r's.
Bootle
The Pint Sized Steamroller

Topic/Postby Voca » 09 Mar 2008, 17:52

Hey, can never get enough free boxes! How else am I going to keep all my precious music mix CD's safe?
HB: Waste exactly four hours on this tomfoolery.

If you are cold, it will warm you.
If you are too heated, it will cool you.
If you are depressed, it will cheer you.
If you are excited, it will calm you.
NOW SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!
Voca
Exactly 26 Belgiums

Topic/Postby Iso Victrix » 11 Mar 2008, 12:55

Reusing the DvD cases is a good start but, it's like treating the symptoms instead of tackling the causes.
Iso Victrix

Topic/Postby Nysard » 11 Mar 2008, 13:15

I don't know why they don't use a similar system to which Microsoft uses for Xbox live membership cards.

For those not familiar here's an image. Got to be cheaper than DVD boxes too, recycled card is dirt cheap now, not to mention better for environment compared to plastic.

Nysard

Topic/Postby Bootle » 11 Mar 2008, 20:08

In my opinion, if we cared so much about the environment we wouldn't be playing this game in the first place, let alone be using power-guzzling PC's.
Bootle
The Pint Sized Steamroller

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 12 Mar 2008, 02:09

I'm playing on toaster... seriously, this laptop could make toast.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Voca » 12 Mar 2008, 02:48

I fully expect you to back up your words with pictures of toast from said machine. :P

But yeah, this is kinda a drop in the ocean compared to the other things causing quite a few problems environmentally. Still maintain that if I didn't get craploads of random DVD cases from probably dubious sources, I'd probably end up buying a pack of them from a supermarket, and add to the environmental chaos anyway. Maybe it's just me who doesn't class anything I reuse as "wasteful", but whatever.

Take the crap from the UK at the moment concerning plastic bags at supermarkets. Woo, we've banned them all. How long did that take? Plus, it also took backing from the mass media and big companies to get them to change their "evil" ways (inverted commas because I know for a fact that a lot of supermarkets have been offering reusable bags in an effort to cut back for a long time, plus trying to make the disposables more biodegradable). And what are we? A relatively small butthurt proportion of their millions of subscribers? :p

Like hell they'll listen to us. It'll probably get brought up at some tiny board meeting for about 30 seconds, laughed at, and then all will move on. It sucks, yeah, but to be fair, there's not a lot anyone can do about it without some sort of mass backing from powerful sources. That's all these people listen to most of the time.
HB: Waste exactly four hours on this tomfoolery.

If you are cold, it will warm you.
If you are too heated, it will cool you.
If you are depressed, it will cheer you.
If you are excited, it will calm you.
NOW SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!
Voca
Exactly 26 Belgiums

Next

Return to General Discussion.