Add On wanted question

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Lyntaria » 12 Mar 2008, 14:48

Add On wanted question

I`m no add on wizard like some and browsing Curse, half of the time it`s chines to me, the other half incomprehensible, so I`m asking if anyone knows a good (and easy to use) add on for:

* Profession recipies: to see which ones I`m still missing and where / how to get them (cooking and alchemy are my profs I can learn recipies for)

* Quest lists: to see which ones I didn`t do and where to get them...

Thankies in advance
Lyntaria

Topic/Postby Shevron » 12 Mar 2008, 14:50

I think hunting Thottbot or WoWhead will be more useful than addons (if any exist)
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Lyntaria » 12 Mar 2008, 14:55

I soooooo am not printing quest lists from the whole of azeroth and then visit each and every possible questgiver to see wether or not I did the quests...
Lyntaria

Topic/Postby Shevron » 12 Mar 2008, 14:59

Oh you mean something that tells you what you did and didn't already?

Doubt how many addons are capable of tracking things that you did BEFORE you installed them.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Lyntaria » 12 Mar 2008, 15:01

Yep, especcially the lower level ones (for rep with factions like steamwheedle) that don`t show up on the map as a exclamation mark
Lyntaria

Topic/Postby Shevron » 12 Mar 2008, 15:09

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/addons/ is the best place hands down for addons.

But I don't know of any specific ones that do what you need.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Erethas » 12 Mar 2008, 15:16

Missing recipes: http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?p=mod&m=5061

Quest log that keeps track of what quests you have completed (since you installed the add-on of course): http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?p=mod&m=4855
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 12 Mar 2008, 17:31

Regarding quests, the only way you can do it is one zone at a time printed (or in notepad) lists of the quests. The addon system doesn't have a method to collect the 'completed quests' list from the game server.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Lyntaria » 12 Mar 2008, 18:15

Hmmm, quests will be wet finger stuff then till my dying days

Thanks for the recipy thingie!
Lyntaria

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 12 Mar 2008, 23:01

Not the same thing... but I find that Quest Helper is very usefull for when you're going to do a lot of quests... it even marks them on the map and gives you a path and order to do them in :)
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Next

Return to General Discussion.