Guild Roster & Calendar!

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Nysard » 22 Mar 2008, 17:56

Guild Roster & Calendar!

There's been some changes made to the forum so if you can take five minutes to take a look and give your impressions that would be great!

Guild Roster

Quite simple this one: The guilds Roster is now build in directly to the forum, you can locate it here

If your talent spec and various other information is not yet set into the system, don't worry it will be soon. The way the script works means it only pulls so much data from the armoury at certain times of the day, that way we don't overload the forum and crash it.

Calendar

The calendar has had a bit of a revamp, it maybe doesn't look that way, but simply create an event and you'll now give members the option to sign up to it , which is very handy if you have an instance or raid planned.

Step 1:

The quickest way to view the calendar is click "Guild Events" which is on the NavBar at the top of the page, you can also click here

Step 2: Event Creation

To the right hand side of the page you have two options. At the top is a drop down menu and at the bottom a set of links, either of which is suitable should you wish to create an event. A "Single all day event" is usually sufficient in most cases, e.g. instances and such.

Once you have clicked the event type you want, you should now be looking at a window which looks pretty much like a usual post / thread window. Fill in details about the event and you're ready to go. It is Very important that you check the Allow users to signup check box, as this will grant everyone the ability to sign up.

Click Save event and you're almost done, now all you need to do is select which character you'll be attending with (please fill out your user profiles otherwise it will not work.)

and away you go...event created, you can now view it be heading to the calendar home page.

Step 3: Event Sign up

Very simple this, head to the calendar, find the event you wish to sign up for, click it.

Select which character you'll be on, event attendance parameters (yes / maybe / no) and add any comments you may want to leave.
Nysard

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 22 Mar 2008, 19:26

Heh, the armoury hates me. Look me up in the guild roster to see why.
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 22 Mar 2008, 19:29

Hmm only the forum login names are on that list right? Since I can't spot Stoneage.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 22 Mar 2008, 22:18

Can't see Lint or Stoney in there. And it really doesn't like names with special characters does it?
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 22 Mar 2008, 22:36

I made a post on the armoury forum asking for some attention. The blue poster said something I could not quite understand, but I took it to mean that I am royally ******!.
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Topic/Postby Nysard » 22 Mar 2008, 23:27

Just told it to force another grab from the armoury for the roster, not sure why it's not picking some people up.

As for people with special characterse in names, it's down with the developer for a future fix, but until then, nothing we can do, serves them right for using dodgy charactersr anyway :P
Nysard

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 23 Mar 2008, 01:41

Hrrmm, I guess I appear in my RP gear, as usual.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to General Discussion.