Enchantments and Gems

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 02 Apr 2008, 17:51

Enchantments and Gems

Well, now that I've made one major expense (and before I start another) I thought it would be good to polish up my gear a bit, so I'm wondering if anyone could give me a hand working out what I need (especially in the gem department).

Looking at enchantments on that be.imba thing I posted:

Legs: Magister's Armor Kit, Silver Spellthread, Golden Spellthread
Boots: Magister's Armor Kit, Vitality, Fortitude, Boar's Speed
Bracers: Major Intellect, Stats, Superior Healing, Restore Mana Prime
Gloves: Magister's Armor Kit, Major Healing
Cloak: Subtlety, Greater Shadow Resistance, Major Resistance

the ones in bold are the ones I would like though they all are pretty useful (don't worry, I'll gather mats, I'm just wondering who has the enchants).

The Gems however are much more difficult... Having almost solely blue sockets doesn't help (especially for finding a meta gem), but any suggestions would be highly appreciated (I have a load of gems I've been saving for cutting, but never had an idea what I was looking for).
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Nysard » 02 Apr 2008, 19:46

Gems? Hmmm, my advice for gems is to ignore the socket bonus, completely.

Fill it with stats that you will find useful and not what your gear is telling you to use:

For meta's, the best healing meta I can do for rawr healing is: (not sure if there's better out there.)

[item]Bracing Earthstorm Diamond[/item]

Sadly, the requirements are a complete joke, so you're probably best looking for something else.

One idea you could go for is an [item]Powerful Earthstorm Diamond[/item], sure there's no heal or int or even spirit on there, but that extra stamina will help keep you alive and that 5% resistance to snare and root will come in handy! The best thing about that meta is it requires more than 3 blue gems, which, for a healer is quite easy to do.

You can then change your gears gem setup around a bit to make up for the lack of healing by sticking a few: [item]Purified Shadow Pearl[/item] or [item]Royal Nightseye[/item]

Then once you've reached the healing bonus your happy with, you can fill up any other slot with various gems such as [item]Lustrous Star of Elune[/item] or [item]Sparkling Star of Elune[/item] or even an [item]Solid Star of Elune[/item] if your still short of Health.

With the recent regen changes I wouldn't turn your nose up at a [item]Brilliant Dawnstone[/item] either as you'll gain extra Mana, and now Int gives regen you'll get a little MP5 back.

What ever you decide to do gem wise, just give us a shout and i'll happily cut them for you (providing I have design of course) :)
Nysard

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 02 Apr 2008, 19:59

Legs: Silver Spellthread --> Alwynn can provide it
Bracers and Gloves enchants, I believe Stoneage can do them.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Seisence » 03 Apr 2008, 13:39

*Cough* *Cough*
Seisence
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 03 Apr 2008, 14:01

*points out that I can't poke Seisence from work*
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Return to General Discussion.