Unable to Access Account Management.

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Shadowrend » 24 May 2008, 13:46

Unable to Access Account Management.

Title screams it out, Ken text'd me about this, and i checked last night, i was able to log in to WoW, but not the Account management.

Any ideas about what's going on? Eo said it has been like this for a couple of days now.
Save yourself the trouble and let's face it, I rule, You fool!

Yey! Pepple made me a Sheriff! *flashes badge* Yea, that's right.

-Shada [SIZE="5"]-The God-[/SIZE] Stormflower.
Shadowrend
Undisputed God of PvP

Topic/Postby Falcore » 24 May 2008, 14:32

I think account management are going through hell right now, because of the recent ban-wave (for all the botters), they banned enough people to reduce there monthly income by 2.8 million ?'s thats a LOT of subscriptions, so you can imagine there are a LOT of people flooding the account page, screaming and crying there innocence, which is probably why its down.

Another reason *puts on tinfoil hat* Age of Conan has recently been released, and they could of shut account managment down on purpose, to stop people from canceling there accounts and moving over to AoC.. But i very much doubt that considering they just banned 15% of there EU customers.
Falcore
Insert Giraffe noise here

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 24 May 2008, 15:30

Falcore wrote:I think account management are going through hell right now, because of the recent ban-wave (for all the botters), they banned enough people to reduce there monthly income by 2.8 million ?'s thats a LOT of subscriptions, so you can imagine there are a LOT of people flooding the account page, screaming and crying there innocence, which is probably why its down.

Another reason *puts on tinfoil hat* Age of Conan has recently been released, and they could of shut account managment down on purpose, to stop people from canceling there accounts and moving over to AoC.. But i very much doubt that considering they just banned 15% of there EU customers.

The first part sounds about right. The second part not so much as this also stops new players, returning players and players with game cards starting/renewing their subscription. That's the last thing they want when a knew, highly anticipated MMO has just been released.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Romdjoll » 26 May 2008, 10:50

There's also been a wave of hacked accounts, so they are possibly trying to block hackers changing account passwords and/or changing toon names/transferring them.
As Rinu said though - this is stopping people who need to access the page to renew subs etc from being able to do so. Not smart.
I'm not impressed as I need to register my new credit card with them to renew in the next few days...if I go "pop" you'll all know what happened!
Romdjoll

Topic/Postby Nysard » 26 May 2008, 10:52

It's to make sure the account management page has the required coding to switch accounts over to WotLK beta etc ;)

*tinfoil hat*
Nysard

Topic/Postby Majestico » 26 May 2008, 20:00

I had some problems trying to renew my subscription. I just kept trying, and after a couple of hours, I finally got access to my account.
Majestico
World's Slowest Power Leveler.

Return to General Discussion.