Forum bug reports

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 10 Mar 2016, 12:33

Different dates. If she had posted the second one right after the previous, then they would have been merged. Am I right, Gergel?
Traest wrote:RP is like farting. If you have to force it, it's probably shit.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Sarawr

Topic/Postby Shevron » 10 Mar 2016, 13:13

My posts don't merge on Minecraft section by choice.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Gergel » 10 Mar 2016, 13:45

Sarawr on 10 Mar 2016 14:33 wrote:Different dates. If she had posted the second one right after the previous, then they would have been merged. Am I right, Gergel?

Pretty much. To clarify, it's not just about different dates but the interval between posts. Consecutive posts by the same user will be merged if the interval between them is less than 1 day (24 hours).
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 10 Mar 2016, 15:28

So, to sum it all up, it's Dunny's fault
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 11 Mar 2016, 01:45

Changing the size of text works fine, unless there is an empty space between text, so only the first paragraph gets adjusted to the size. Example. If you quote the post, you will see what I mean.

Sarawr

Topic/Postby Gergel » 11 Mar 2016, 19:06

Fixed.
- Darkscryer Raastok
Sarawr likes this post.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 12 Mar 2016, 22:34

Not a bug, just a suggestion:

Ever since you switched to phpbb forum software there is an addon that allows to get rid of all attempts to sign up using spam forum email registrations called stop forum spam.

Although they don't actually manage to post on the forum they do sign up and take database space.

I am aware it barely takes space but it will make the forum sign in slower as time goes by and more such spammers sign up. I use this addon on my forums, very easy to install if you have 3.1.x version.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Gergel » 12 Mar 2016, 22:51

We are getting hardly any spammer signups these days. The last one was from a few months back, I think, at which point Shevron and I tightened security a bit more and haven't seen one since.

We actually are using a rather simple combination of a few blocked spammy email domains and custom WoW-themed challenge/response security questions. For example "Name a playable race in WoW", which is pretty much impossible for a bot but should be utterly trivial for someone who wants to sign up on the forum of a WoW guild.

Also, we are using 3.0, not 3.1.
- Darkscryer Raastok
Tormeron likes this post.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 12 Mar 2016, 22:58

Gergel wrote:We actually are using a rather simple combination of a few blocked spammy email domains and custom WoW-themed challenge/response security questions. For example "Name a playable race in WoW", which is pretty much impossible for a bot but should be utterly trivial for someone who wants to sign up on the forum of a WoW guild.

Smart

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 20 Jun 2016, 20:53

Clicking the little arrow of Last Post on the main page takes you to the last page (or top of the page if there's only one) of a thread rather than the last post, while the Last Post arrow on separate threads take you to the last post as intended.

Sarawr

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion.