Forum bug reports

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Gergel » 19 Mar 2018, 08:48

Username character requirements were previously set to alphanumeric only. I removed the restriction, all characters are now allowed. Please ask the applicant to try again.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 19 Mar 2018, 10:56

Ta' :C
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 22 Mar 2018, 01:02

Hm, seems to be having a bit o' trouble still, it's an 'é' that's causing it he reckons.

I'll try and get some more information tomorrow!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 22 Mar 2018, 06:50

How about using a normal bloody "e"?
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Gergel » 22 Mar 2018, 09:27

We have a rule that checks the desired forum username against WoW Armory to see if such a character really exists. (This cut our spambot registrations down to zero.) So if the character has an "é" in their name, then for registration purposes the forum username is also expected also have it.

However, passing around interesting characters like "é" might cause funky codepage conversion issues. That is a bit hard to debug without knowing the name in question. So Serendipity, if you don't want to add the name here for privacy concerns, you could PM it to me.

Alternatively, I assume the person used accented characters in their name because the version of the name with unaccented characters was already taken. In theory they should also be able to also register with the unaccented name. So if their name is for example "Johndoé" then they might be able to register on the forum as "Johndoe".
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Shevron » 22 Mar 2018, 10:04

Gergel on 22 Mar 2018 09:27 wrote:We have a rule that checks the desired forum username against WoW Armory to see if such a character really exists. (This cut our spambot registrations down to zero.) So if the character has an "é" in their name, then for registration purposes the forum username is also expected also have it.

Aha! I had forgotten about that feature
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 22 Mar 2018, 11:23

The name in question is Gaétan. He was a member back in the stone age and is looking to rejoin. The accent in question is actually a part of the name (it's French), so I'm assuming that's why he chose it.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Gergel » 22 Mar 2018, 14:14

Armory check should now work correctly for names that contain funky multibyte characters.
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 22 Mar 2018, 14:42

Ta', I'll pass it on :C
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 27 May 2018, 20:02

Not a bug, but I know you monitor this thread @Gergel.

We need to add the new races to the application form, as the new applicant rightfully pointed out!
Shevron
Resident Grump

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion.