I submitted a suggestion*

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 04 Feb 2015, 00:06

I submitted a suggestion*

*I prayed to The Holy Light

(I submitted a suggestion to Blizzard - a stab in the dark, but it -definitely- won't happen if I don't submit it either :P)

this was the suggestion I submitted to them:

Hi Blizzard, I am a devoted servant of The Holy Light. I want to sear my enemies in holy fire and bring the light's justice by force, but I am too weak to swing a big hammer around like the paladins, and shadow magic doesn't make my enemies burn the way I want them to (I don't like the shadowpriest playstyle at all).

Is there any way we might see a talent akin to Warriors' Gladiator Stance for Holy or Disc, increasing damage and limiting healing capabilities? - Like Ret palas! *resumes prayers*
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Traest » 04 Feb 2015, 07:57

Lilandris wrote:shadow magic doesn't make my enemies burn the way I want them to

Love it!
Traest
Will stab things for gold

Topic/Postby Falcore » 04 Feb 2015, 09:35

I'm sure they'll get onto this whilst they're working on the FUCKING DANCE STUDIO!!!
The song "The Final Countdown" is now playing in your head.
2 people like this post.
Falcore
Insert Giraffe noise here

Topic/Postby Liandrix » 04 Feb 2015, 10:06

I don't want to sound too critical, but don't you think classes look too much alike already? I've always found that over time it all started to look the same as classes got abilities similair to others for balance.
"The motivation to study the Arcane should be born out of the understanding of the needs of those who would be affected by it.."

~ Loremaster Liandrix Emmot
Liandrix
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Norilsk » 04 Feb 2015, 12:06

A lot of us think classes are too similar now, but Blizzard doesn't.

If this idea comes true it would be quite interesting since Disc was originally a melee DPS spec. I'm talking early beta here.
You may remember such items as Sea Dog Britches http://www.wow-one.com/database/?item=5310 which was of course a relic from a priest discipline that never was.
Norilsk

Topic/Postby Pepple » 04 Feb 2015, 14:04

Well it used to be that Disc was just that back in vanilla.

In a sense it sort of is, but not to the same degree it was back then. POWER INFUSION SMITE SPAM HO.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 04 Feb 2015, 14:53

Thing is, it just doesn't make sense to me that we don't have a priest path dedicated to singing the undead in holy fire. Why do the Paladins get all the glory? I know Uther was Blizzard's old love, but I hate feeling like I'm still stuck in the paladins' shadow after 10 years!

Priests are still the only class in the game that has two healing specializations, and I'm not asking them to change one of them to dps, I'm asking them to add an option that would let one of them do competitive dps. In other words, I'm not asking them to scrap anything, but to add something. And if they already did it with prot warriors, I don't see why holy or disc can't get a similar treatment.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Gergel » 04 Feb 2015, 15:01

Lilandris wrote:Thing is, it just doesn't make sense to me that we don't have a priest path dedicated to singing the undead in holy fire.

*Lil starts to sing to the undead*
*The undead run away, holding their ears and screaming in pain*
(*except for the ones who don't have ears anymore*)
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Alcioune » 04 Feb 2015, 16:18

<Alcioune rerolls a priests>

"Lalalala!"
<The gnome dances through hordes of undead, swinging two one-hand maces infused with the holy light. Blasting each undead hit with a large holy flame when they are hit by her maces.>

"Look! A big guy!"

<Alcioune stands before a Frostwyrm. The gnome prepares her new, not so overpowered maces, She then tosses it after the bones, causing large blasts of holy fire when she hits before the maces flies back to their master.>

"Pff, why are you guys not helping me in the boss fight?"

<Alcioune looks back at her raid group who is still fighting the first pack of trash mobs.>

Somehow, that would be epic, might be a little pala-like... or is the pala's priest-like?
Love the idea Lil!

-Alcioune approves.
"No." - Alcioune Ulerue
Alcioune
No

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 04 Feb 2015, 17:17

The idea was for it to be a caster of course, like the priest already is. But in short amplifying the damage output to a competitive level, and diminishing your capabilities for sustaining yourself with healing abilities (for example either making them very costly, like with ret paladins, or give them cooldowns or proc dependencies)
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Next

Return to General Discussion.