Cancelling my sub for a bit

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Zeneth » 20 Feb 2015, 22:51

Cancelling my sub for a bit

Hey folks.

Just giving the guild an FYI, I've decided to cancel my WoW sub for a little while, right now the game just isn't doing it for me, the thought of logging in and having to do all my Garrison chores just makes me feel extremely 'meh' and the I'm fed up of getting ass hats in the Dungeon Finder, it's just kind of sapped my enjoyment for the game right now.

I'll probably re-sub after a major patch to see the new content but for now I think I'll give the game a swerve.

See ya'll ingame soon! I'll still lurk around the forums and such so don't think you can get rid of me that easily!

-Z-
Zeneth
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 20 Feb 2015, 23:09

Have fun out there!

You can always join us in other games
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Shevron » 21 Feb 2015, 00:25

Cheers mate. I'm exactly in the same situation right now.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Tess » 21 Feb 2015, 02:26

Despite my exams, I also felt that all I did was log on, do Garrison stuff and log off, patch 6.1 doesn't really do the game much justice either. Oh well
"I shall protect Darnassus to my dying breath"
Tess
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 21 Feb 2015, 07:27

Yeah, my time went into the same as Tess: log on, do Garrison, log off. Not going to renew my sub in a while. I got studies to focus on and I'm playing mostly Diablo anyway...
Traest wrote:RP is like farting. If you have to force it, it's probably shit.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Sarawr

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 21 Feb 2015, 09:19

So many leaving... so sad...
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Shevron » 21 Feb 2015, 10:22

We've been playing the game for a decade.

Can only do so much now to keep it actively interesting for more than a couple of months for us.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Sarawr likes this post.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Pepple » 21 Feb 2015, 15:27

I felt the exact same.

Questing on WoD is brilliant but the end-game is piss poor, with the staple time wasters being reduced to mobile game garbage.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Zeneth » 21 Feb 2015, 15:45

It's a real shame that so many people feel this way, but like Shev said, the game has been around for over a decade now and although I haven't played that whole time, I did start playing in 2005! That's feels like a bloody long time ago now and it's only natural for a game to only entertain you for a curtain amount of time.

My real issue is that I'm one of those weirdos that enjoy leveling rather than gearing up and raiding. I like to explore a world and find out its secrets, once the levelling ends I tend to think "welp, that's the game over for me". I genuinely tried to gear up with WoD, do the dungeons, do heroics and possibly raid eventually but I have so many hobbys these days and not enough time to do them all! I even decided to quit Warhammer recently for that exact reason (plus if the rumours about 9th edition are to be believed it's going to Hell in a Handbasket)

So that's kind of where I stand right now, I'm sure I would of stayed longer if the next patch actually had some content I'm interested in, but selfie cameras and twitter integration doesn't exactly get me on the hype train. like I said I'll come back to experience any new content and to say hi and I'll hang around the forums too, so I'lll be around to dump stupid Gifs on the trolling thread.
Shevron likes this post.
Zeneth
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Ajulae » 21 Feb 2015, 19:26

Story is the only thing to me in WoW these days. That and RP.
Ajulae
Servant

Next

Return to General Discussion.