XBox 360 Controllers

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 23 Mar 2015, 12:21

XBox 360 Controllers

Hai!

I know jack about XBox - so asking maybe you guys have some experience.

I have a couple of games that are played better with a controller, and they're exclusively designed to work with an Xbox one - if I use a generic controller I have to use a lot of middleman software to do the conversion to Xbox controller code.

Having a browse on eBay reveals a lot of controllers that are not original Microsoft ones, but 3rd party manufactures which are rather cheap, then there's the original ones which are a hella expensive.

My question is, would a cheap imitation one be recognised by the PC as a standard 360 controller or will I be wasting my cash?
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Traest » 23 Mar 2015, 12:57

Would a wired Xbox 360 controller not do the job? Should be able to pick one of those up pretty cheap.
Sven likes this post.
Traest
Will stab things for gold

Topic/Postby Sven » 23 Mar 2015, 13:00

Yeah I'd echo this, I use an old wired 360 controller for all my PC gaming

Traest wrote:Would a wired Xbox 360 controller not do the job? Should be able to pick one of those up pretty cheap.
Sven
The Snake Dude

Topic/Postby Shevron » 23 Mar 2015, 13:22

Yes those are the ones I'm looking at.

An imitation one goes for like £15 while the proper microsoft ones are going £35+ excluding postage.

Given how crap the Euro is doing right now, they turn out quite expensive when you tally it all up and convert it.

I'm not spending the best part of €45 for a stupid controller that I'll use just for 2 games.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Traest » 23 Mar 2015, 13:32

That's ridiculous. I can pick one up for £25 brand new, much less for second hand. You're getting screwed by the international market!
Traest
Will stab things for gold

Topic/Postby Shevron » 23 Mar 2015, 16:14

I know! But there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. A genuine one is out of the question.

So I'm just wondering is a fake one would get recognised as an proper Xbox controller on PC.

Double post merged on 23 Mar 2015 16:14

Found a new one, genuine MS for €35 from a local shop.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Dunnykin » 23 Mar 2015, 16:47

I caved in and bought a controller, now there's some nights where I won't even play a game unless I can use it. But that might be because I don't have a desk :(

And it is an official microsoft one, so I am not really answering the question. Just recommending buying one. :dunnykin:
Pepple wrote:I haven't because breasts.
Dunnykin
Enemy of the Tortoise

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 23 Mar 2015, 16:59

Is there any sort of public/local channel you could ask if anyone is willing to sell you one second-hand?
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 23 Mar 2015, 18:43

Meh no.

Keyboards, mice and any other input device is new or nothing.

I just don't know where it has been.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Pepple » 23 Mar 2015, 19:50

Second hand isn't too bad, but you can probably find one new somewhere - doesn't have to be wired - can get a cheap charging cable.

I wouldn't risk a substitute honestly as the reaction speed and durability on an off-brand is probably dogshit. Actual 360 controllers are really robust and last a lifetime.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Next

Return to General Discussion.