WoW Gold Limit reached

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Nysard » 17 Jan 2008, 16:10

WoW Gold Limit reached

SK Gaming wrote:Most people struggle to farm gold for their epic mounts, enchants and such, however a player on the German realms has managed to reach the gold limit in World of Warcraft - 214,748 Gold 36 Silver and 46 Copper.

The German player remains anonymous but he reveals that his earnings has been made only by trading troughout the last three years. The cap has also been confirmed by a game master, although the SK leader Andreas "bds" Thorstensson had a little bit more details on this random number:

"Why is this random figure the gold cap? Because they most likely store the data in a 32 bit signed integer, which has a maximum size of 2147483647. So the actual cap could potentially be 214748 gold, 36 silver and 47 copper, or they use that last byte for something else."

Nysard

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 17 Jan 2008, 16:39

Germans *rolls eyes*
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 17 Jan 2008, 16:42

Just think, he could buy out the auction house and raise the prices of everything, ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Ahem.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Nomell » 17 Jan 2008, 16:48

Oh my.. that is some awesome amount of gold :O
Nomell

Topic/Postby Lyntaria » 17 Jan 2008, 16:48

Hmmm, almost there, I have 46 coppers...
Lyntaria

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 17 Jan 2008, 17:56

Serendipity wrote:Just think, he could buy out the auction house and raise the prices of everything, ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Ahem.

That is sort of how he has done it. Targeting uncommon, but highly desired items, then buying them out and reselling at a much higher price. Giving yourself a monopoly on those items and exploiting it.

Pre-TBC one such item was the Wyrmslayer Spaulders.
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Topic/Postby Nadya » 17 Jan 2008, 18:05

Wow, even in games the Germans are good workers
Look at the world positively with caution
Nadya
With the healing touch

Topic/Postby Shevron » 17 Jan 2008, 19:04

They just take everything too damn seriously
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Falcore » 17 Jan 2008, 19:27

I'd love to mess with the auction house if i had that much money.

Actually its a good idea for a goal.. Make as much as possible, buy EVERYTHING off the auction house with a series of alts, put it all back on the auction house for like 50,000g each.

Completley crash the market.. I wonder.. Would i get banned for that?
Falcore
Insert Giraffe noise here

Topic/Postby Shevron » 17 Jan 2008, 19:32

I wouldn't be surprised of a GM intervention to restore order (Kazzak on Stormwind style).

But again .. is that amount really enough to buy EVERYTHING off AH? I mean, ok it's a big amount of gold, but there's A LOT of stuff in there too, and not much stuff is cheap either.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Next

Return to General Discussion.