Scooter experts needed!

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Finna » 23 Apr 2017, 17:15

Scooter experts needed!

Anyone here a scooter expert?

My mother didn't dare ride her scooter anymore (she shrank three cm and now can't reach the floor with her feet anymore, don't laugh). Sshe has a scootmobile and is very fast on that too :) Anyway, I have her scooter now.

It's a blue Peugeot Vivacity Sportline and it's from 2007.

It has fuel in it from about half a year old and the tank was full. Ofcourse it's not clean fuel anymore after that time. But it ran. After awhile, when it's warm, and I go slower, it wants to turn off when I stand still. I have to constanly keep giving gas so it stays on and it has a lot of trouble with that then.

Today I rode for a long time, say an hour or two, and it rode fantastically. Untill I stand still at, say, a crossroads, and try to leave again. It behaves like a donkey then (I-don't-want-to-gooooooo) untill it has the mood again and then it goes nice again.

So the problem is not when its cold but when its warm, the motor that is. When cold it just goes, nicely.

The airfilter is clean. Today I rode a lot of fuel out of the tank, it had two lines left and I think it can have six full lines on the dashboard. We filled it up untill it had five lines again. Tried to start, it refused. Start and it just turns off emediatly again or turns off when gas is given.

I had the feeling it chokes when its warm but given all things around it, that also sounds strange.

Anyone any ideas? Too much air, too little? Does it get too much fuel when turning up the volume so to speak, or too little?

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Traest » 23 Apr 2017, 18:23

Maybe not enough air? If it gets warm, the engine components expand and might choke fuel supply. Needs to be kept cooler. Is it pure air cooled, or does it have a water radiator?

Also, oil check?
Lilandris likes this post.
Traest
Will stab things for gold

Topic/Postby Finna » 24 Apr 2017, 09:15

Oil is full.

Air, and air fiilter is good.

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 24 Apr 2017, 09:21

Take it to an expert? :P
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Finna » 24 Apr 2017, 13:55

Indeed. But I hoped to get some tips ;)

Anyway, my husband has taken the carburator apart and put it together again and took out a whole bunch of white thingies from a bowl beneath it. Could be trash from the old fuel or perhaps from the tank itself? He said it worked just now and it went well so I' ll try it tonight when I come home. I so hope its solved now...

Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 24 Apr 2017, 20:07

Obligatory.

Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Finna » 25 Apr 2017, 07:00

I cannot see the picture, will look when I get home, but I can tell you that my scooter looks fine now! I got to work this morning without problems :) It seems there were white thingies in the bowl under the carburator. That was taken out (the thingies, not the bowl) and now it works fine! Yay and such!

Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 25 Apr 2017, 23:57

I wonder what sort of thingies would get in there :P
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Return to General Discussion.