BfA Forum Background Competition!

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 15 Aug 2018, 09:55

BfA Forum Background Competition!

Again it's time for a little competition, for the creative bunch of you.

New expansion, new forum background - and since I can't be bothered (again), let's put in a little incentive for it!

Come up with a nice new background in theme with the Battle for Azeroth expansion, so it can be used in place of our current background. We're kinda done with Sargeras' green tomb now.

There's no rules on the theme, whether it's peaceful, violent or whatever - just has to be themed for BfA, and of course can compliment the general forum aesthetics.

When we have enough submissions, we'll display them all in a nice thread, and we'll put it down to a general vote.

Remember that the forum will be sitting dead in the middle of the picture, so any details you might want to show, must sit on either sides, otherwise nobody will ever see them.

Whoever wins, will get to have his/her background used until the next expansion comes along, and three fiddy from the Guild Bank, to spend as they please.

A few format tips:

• Resolution: 1920x1080
  • Format: JPG
  • Size: Try to keep it sensible, and strike a balance between quality and compression. Remember this has to be downloaded everytime you load the forum page, so must be compressed down, but not so much to look like crap.

Submit your image AS AN ATTACHMENT (no imgur or photobucket links please) to competition@rnp-moonglade.net, with your forum/character username as the subject, so we know who's who.

When done, just reply to this thread with "submitted" so I can confirm that the email was received.

Deadline is Friday 31st August, so get cracking!

Any queries, feel free to reply and ask.

PS: A couple of extra important tips.

• You can submit more than one image.
  • When voting comes, I will post all images as anonymous, so they'll be a vote for the image and no personal bias.

- Shev
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Gergel » 15 Aug 2018, 10:35

Don't believe Shevron's promises of a reward. I won last time, and he still hasn't paid up fully. The reward was supposed to be 10001 gold, but only received 10000 gold 99 silver 99 copper. I am still so salty about that one copper, you could season a year's worth of food all over the world with that salt.

Also, as Shevron said, the middle part of your images will be hidden by the forum content. Once the submissions are gathered, we will also provide screenshots of how they will look as the forum background, with the forum on top of it.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Shevron likes this post.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Shevron » 25 Aug 2018, 19:20

Given not a single post was submitted yet, I took a quick and dirty screeny and set it up as a placeholder.

Legion one was a bit too old now.

Not too shabby for now :)
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 25 Aug 2018, 23:07

Looks nice.

I've not found any particularly nice photo opportunities yet, but I'm still keeping an eye out.
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 26 Aug 2018, 11:45

:facepalm: I was going to enter but I got distracted by rum...
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Toot » 26 Aug 2018, 21:13

Serendipity on 26 Aug 2018 11:45 wrote::facepalm: I was going to enter but I got distracted by rum...

This is a valid excuse!
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Shevron » 27 Aug 2018, 07:55

Especially for such a pirate-themed expansion
Shevron
Resident Grump

Return to General Discussion.