High DPS or High XP - A moral decision?

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Dawnblade » 28 Feb 2019, 09:58

High DPS or High XP - A moral decision?

Hiya!

So, I got rather nice heirlooms so when I level up a character they give me a total of +50% XP and great stats up to lvl 110. Really sweet!
Then comes the range between 110 and 120 where you will start to find gear with better stats, but if I were to change, for instance, my chestpiece for a better one, then I would instantly lose 10% Xp bonus.

What would you do?
Be a worse and worse part of the PUG's you join as you go all the way to 120 in 110 gear, but get to 120 faster and then change all gear when you hit 120,
Or keep your gear level updated as you go along, but level slower due to losing the heirloom XP bonuses?
Dawnie - Dawnblade
DeeDee - Deathknight Dawnblade

Alts including, but not limited to:
Softfur, Mellifera, Kurenai, Shalla, Morrowlight, Kitten, Moontooth, Belorei, Alleycat
Dawnblade
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 28 Feb 2019, 10:15

Hmmm, the different in gear is pretty huge if memory serves. Despite hating levelling, I'd probably go with the better dps.
Dawnblade likes this post.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Juste » 28 Feb 2019, 11:55

Afaik xp bonuses no longer work if you are higher than max level than the heirloom. So no point using them 110+ onwards.
Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
2 people like this post.
Juste

Topic/Postby Dawnblade » 28 Feb 2019, 12:50

Oh! That would make it an easy decision, I suppose. :)
Dawnie - Dawnblade
DeeDee - Deathknight Dawnblade

Alts including, but not limited to:
Softfur, Mellifera, Kurenai, Shalla, Morrowlight, Kitten, Moontooth, Belorei, Alleycat
Dawnblade
Rhymer

Return to General Discussion.