So... Classic.

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Finna » 18 Aug 2019, 21:42

So... Classic.

Did you reserve your name already and what server are you on?

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 18 Aug 2019, 22:20

Most RP people are going to Hydraxian I believe.

Reserved 2 names (Shevron was taken) but I don't intend to play any of it.

I'm probably one of the few people that in hindsight, think that J Allen Brack's "you think you want vanilla but you really don't" is probably very accurate.

Did a bit of running around in SW for nostalgia's sake in Beta, but that's it.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 19 Aug 2019, 07:25

I'm going to go sit on a fence in Goldshire!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 19 Aug 2019, 09:45

Reserved Cherwina on HW. Mostly doing it because I do tabletop RP in the Warcraft universe and need screenshots and stuff that Cataclysm ruined :P. Might have some fun RPing her as a "what if she didn't become a Druid?" alternative story. :)
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Gergel » 19 Aug 2019, 09:55

I do not plan to play Classic in the foreseeable future. It's not possible to get back the feelings of wonder and community that I had fourteen years ago.

Servers will initially also be chock-full of players all starting out in the same few zones, aiming for the same non-shared quest mobs, resource nodes and so on, and it would be horribly painful trying to get anything done.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Juste » 19 Aug 2019, 19:17

Not planning to play it as of now.

Not least because the gameplay is completely bonkers and basically there is no endgame almost at all and the class balance is total mess like if I played Retribution paladin I could not seriously take a dps role because paladin dps is what? maybe 1/3 of rogue dps? Not to mention Warriors with Arcanite Reapers, rogues and Mages oneshotting everyone.

I'm forecasting shitton of complaints about everything because people will be trying to put WoWs todays standards on a 15 year old WoW.
Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Juste

Topic/Postby Shevron » 19 Aug 2019, 20:03

Exactly. I like the modern comforts.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 19 Aug 2019, 20:11

And horrible people like me are going to laugh themselves silly!

i HaVe To WaIt Until lEvEl 40 FoR a MoUnT???????!!!!!111111one
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Toot » 19 Aug 2019, 22:50

I'm not going to re-sub just so I can play Vanilla. I might play it once I have an active sub again, but that'll probably not be until near the next expac. As Gergel said, the servers full of people all trying to tag the same mobs in the starting areas will be horrid. This has always been one of my major gripes with the game, I was so glad when they made mob kills count for all who damaged them.
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 22 Aug 2019, 17:33

Gergel on 19 Aug 2019 08:55 wrote:Servers will initially also be chock-full of players all starting out in the same few zones, aiming for the same non-shared quest mobs, resource nodes and so on, and it would be horribly painful trying to get anything done.

The plan is to use phasing to limit the above problem. Think of having several parallel universes that the server's population will be spread over.
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Next

Return to General Discussion.