So... Classic.

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 28 Aug 2019, 14:26

Juste on 28 Aug 2019 15:06 wrote:I leveled Paladin to 8 and Rogue to 12. I feel like thats enough classic for me.

Hahaha. That's probably the average extent of the Classic journey most people are gonna make.

Was watching Alwynn streaming it for a couple of hours yesterday, and was already getting PTSD while he ran Moonbrook in Westfall.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Gergel » 28 Aug 2019, 14:36

That bad, huh?

Meanwhile there's a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth in Blizzard's forums from all the people who really really want to play on an extremely high population server and are facing thousands-long queues.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Shevron » 28 Aug 2019, 14:54

Hydraxian Warlords is pretty much queue-free round the clock, but the others were having it baaaaaad.

At about 10:00pm, Zandalari Tribe (Medium) was 6,000+ @ 136 mins wait time.

Then poked a full one just out of curiosity - 14,000+ @ over 280 mins wait time.

Apparently today Blizz changed the way population count works (Haggle has the article)

New Realm Population Label System

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

With a hotfix to WoW Classic a few moments ago, we’ve changed how the realm population labels work in order to display realm populations in a more meaningful way.

How it worked before this hotfix

As we explained here, the system previously calculated the population labels by comparing all realms to the most-populated realm. This could result in a very crowded realm (with a lengthy queue) showing up as “Medium”, since it was being compared to the realm that had the highest population and a potentially massive queue.

How population labels work now

This system now measures each realm against a realm’s absolute capacity. Medium indicates a healthy total population on a realm – well in excess of what we considered Full in a 2006 – with room for more players to log-in. You’ll now see a High label if the realm is close to having a queue, and a Full label if the realm currently has a queue.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 28 Aug 2019, 14:55

I'm sitting on a 1000 player queue in ZT. 30 minute queue , before 3pm on a Wednesday!
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Shevron » 28 Aug 2019, 14:59

I bet the Blizzard forums are more toxic than Chernobyl's reactor #4's exposed core right now
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Juste » 28 Aug 2019, 15:18

Ahaha Queue for game to get in to queue to kill mobs.

Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Juste

Topic/Postby Shevron » 28 Aug 2019, 16:51

That's actually impressive!
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Juste » 03 Sep 2019, 19:07

Eh, it keeps pulling me back in. I enjoy the challenge classic mobs give to you and how you can actually outlevel them and then come back to whoop their asses if you want to.
Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Juste

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 03 Sep 2019, 19:11

Interesting, isn't it? WoW creepingly got easier. Then you try the original game and you're running out of mana and all sorts.

Two mobs and I'm done.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 04 Sep 2019, 09:46

I've taken to popping back and forth between them to see what I like from Retail and what I like from Classic. I think there are a few retail tweaks that would be good on Classic. The Calendar, B opening all bags instead of just one. Little things mostly to do with UI, basically. I think it's interesting that the Classic gameplay encouraged a social dynamic that's seemingly dead in Retail.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion.