So... Classic.

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Juste » 04 Sep 2019, 10:40

Cherwina on 04 Sep 2019 08:46 wrote:I've taken to popping back and forth between them to see what I like from Retail and what I like from Classic. I think there are a few retail tweaks that would be good on Classic. The Calendar, B opening all bags instead of just one. Little things mostly to do with UI, basically. I think it's interesting that the Classic gameplay encouraged a social dynamic that's seemingly dead in Retail.

Yeah and with the social dynamic and the systems being strictly in same realm instead of cross realm systems in instances and the world I wonder if it will actually effect in behavior of people since now you actually need to take in consideration your reputation in the realm. You can't just jump to group finder or find random people who you have no idea who they are to help you do some hard quests. If you are a shithead people in the realm will start to treat you like a shithead and vice versa.

And the whole issue of loot etiquette in dungeons with the return of normal loot opposed to personal loot. Back in the day it was common etiquette to pass rolls if you already got one blue item drop and let some other people get some loot as well opposed to random group finder where you just hog whatever you can with greed because you probably will never see those people again.
Last edited by Juste on 04 Sep 2019, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Juste

Topic/Postby Shevron » 04 Sep 2019, 10:47

Cherwina on 04 Sep 2019 10:46 wrote:I've taken to popping back and forth between them to see what I like from Retail and what I like from Classic. I think there are a few retail tweaks that would be good on Classic. The Calendar, B opening all bags instead of just one. Little things mostly to do with UI, basically. I think it's interesting that the Classic gameplay encouraged a social dynamic that's seemingly dead in Retail.

There's always SHIFT+B. That works in classic.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 04 Sep 2019, 11:22

Shevron on 04 Sep 2019 09:47 wrote:There's always SHIFT+B. That works in classic.

Yeah, I know. I'm a lazy ass and like my UI to work the same on both :P (I mean, I'm saying this while also using the Guild Wars 2 UI rather than the WoW one to play >_> <_<)
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Liandrix » 04 Sep 2019, 14:41

The only thing I'll miss in classic is achievements.

I'm enjoying myself though. Going to run some dungeons lateron
"The motivation to study the Arcane should be born out of the understanding of the needs of those who would be affected by it.."

~ Loremaster Liandrix Emmot
Liandrix
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Gergel » 04 Sep 2019, 17:35

Why oh why do you not use an addon that merges all your bags into one? If I had to experience the game in a way that would require me to open five separate bags (five? wait, is it backpack plus four or backpack plus five? I'm not even sure...) and search for an item in all of them, I would ragequit.

This:

versus this:
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 04 Sep 2019, 19:25

My UI does have a combined bag but currently, it still has to trigger the opening of all bags via shift+b in Classic vs just b in retail.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Shevron » 04 Sep 2019, 20:41

Gergel on 04 Sep 2019 18:35 wrote:Why oh why do you not use an addon that merges all your bags into one? If I had to experience the game in a way that would require me to open five separate bags (five? wait, is it backpack plus four or backpack plus five? I'm not even sure...) and search for an item in all of them, I would ragequit.

Had once since Burning Crusade, and can't live without it.

Used to use Bagnon but was hoplessly broken on Legion and took their sweet time to update. Switched to LiteBag, and stuck to it ever since.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Sigmard » 04 Sep 2019, 23:45

Cherwina wrote:I've taken to popping back and forth between them to see what I like from Retail and what I like from Classic. I think there are a few retail tweaks that would be good on Classic. The Calendar, B opening all bags instead of just one. Little things mostly to do with UI, basically.

I know what you mean, Chewie. The first thing I actually did in Classic was to change the open all bags button from Shift-B to B.
Sigmard
Rhymer

Previous

Return to General Discussion.