The Great Karazhan Murder Mystery

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 02 Nov 2008, 01:04

The Great Karazhan Murder Mystery

A few of you may have heard this in officer chat before but I'm now throwing it up for your perusal.

So I made a quick trip into Kara alone to do some quest hand ins. While running through the empty hallways I found myself thinking "wouldn't this place be great to roleplay in". Then I thought one better: Let's host an event!

First of all the event itself won't be happening straight away (after the expansion comes and the initial rush) but I figured this needs alot of thought going into it and hoped to get a sorta brainstorm going. Here's the basic premise.

Since the Horde and Alliance moved the fight to The Lich King in Northrend, the lands of Deadwind Pass have been abandoned. At the end of the pass stands Karazhan. Having been visited time and time again by heroes and ne'er-do-wells alike, the haunted tower now stands empty, it's most prominent dangers long ago neutralised or destroyed.

See the toll the war upon the scourge has taken upon their friends and allies, House Giroval have formulated a plan. They will throw a celebration of the alliances past victories in the site of some of those very victories. Karazhan itself. However all is not going to plan and as the night draws on things begin to go ary...

So the idea is we clear out Kara completely one day and then hold a murder mystery there before the reset. Now I will need a fair amount of help on this (most importantly nine peeps to help clear the instance) and also have a few problems to overcome.

The first and biggest of these is that only 10 people can enter at one time. After me there's 9 and 2 or 3 of those may need to be actors... this puts a massive restriction on how many can participate.

One suggestion is a sort of knockout system. At current I'm dry on ideas of how this might work.

Over time I'll post any other ideas/problems I think of here. What I ask of you folks is your own thoughts and input. This has the potential for a great payoff, but it'll take some work.

Anything you have to say is greatly appreciated.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 02 Nov 2008, 03:06

I think it's a great idea! I'll think about that and give some suggestions later on. For now just a thumbs up for the idea :)
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Arabella » 03 Nov 2008, 11:11

Amongst other things, it'll probably be down to three or four people to run a full clear once we're at 80. *wibbles*
Bring the Light!
Arabella
Sensuous Slaneshi Sybarite

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 03 Nov 2008, 11:21

Ha, does sound pretty awesome!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Pepple » 03 Nov 2008, 16:28

We could run it as a fairly long term event - "parties" form and enter the mansion, maybe groups of 5 or 6 - 4 or 5 actors then.

Sounds great fun Tier - I'd love to help with/take part.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Zho » 03 Nov 2008, 17:34

It was dunny in the library, with the candlestick.

And i fully support this idea!
Press F10 to continue.:A
Zho
Now in Pony form....what?

Topic/Postby Xantippe » 03 Nov 2008, 19:29

Interesting idea indeedlidoo!
Xantippe
Clumsy Gnomette

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 03 Nov 2008, 23:53

I think the long term idea will work well. I'll be switching between three characters (using convenient exuses for the others to be off screen) I'm gonna start drafting up story though it may be a while.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Return to Events.