"Small" Summer Celebration

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Xantippe » 29 May 2009, 16:14

"Small" Summer Celebration

XantiPep Productions presents...

A “Small” Summer Celebration

When: Tuesday the 7th of July, starting at 19:00 [Server Time]
Where: Brewnall Village in Dun Morogh
For Who: Everyone of the grand Alliance (Apologies to the Horde)
What: A ceremony in memory of the Fall of Gnomeregan and a Gnomish tradition including ice skating on Iceflow Lake

Even though years have passed since Gnomeregan fell through treason, the invasion of Troggs and the significant blunder of entoxicating the city – the Gnomes who once inhabited it have anything but forgotten their tragedy. Families were torn apart, friends were lost and great heroes rose only to go down together with what they fought to protect. On the 7th of July we will commemorate the lost Gnomish lives and the sacrifices they made. Therefor we invite members of the Alliance to gather at Brewnall Village, from where you will be safely guided to the remnants of the city, where a speech will be held in their honour. People who attend are encouraged to pay respects by placing flowers or other tokens.

Afterwards everyone is invited to uphold and enjoy a local Gnomish tradition. After the harsh winter season, there will be the celebrating of the coming of summer, soothing the eternally frozen Dun Morogh. You best train your balancing skills, because there will be an ice skating competition on Iceflow Lake!
Skates can be obtained at Brewnall Village for those who don’t own a pair. Everyone is allowed to entertain themselves on the ice, there’s no need to register in advance. The judges, Pepple and Xantippe Wottarackit, will move around to be sure they have seen everyone bust their moves and will evaluate after.
There shall be plenty of prizes to win, from the most artistic to the most comical, from ‘Best Balance’ to ‘Bum-Bound’ skater, etc! So let your creativity flow.

We hope to see you there!

--OOC—
We realize it is not possible within game mechanics to actually “skate” on the ice. (Awwh! *pout*) But, it is a rolepaying event! Unleash your improvisation, use /emotes and other ways to express yourselves. Consider the prizes to also be an award to you, as ‘the most creative emoter’ or a great ‘improvisational Roleplayer’.

Peace!
~ Pepple & Xantippe
Xantippe
Clumsy Gnomette

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 29 May 2009, 22:33

Hrrrr, way early for me. I'll still be at work. Bah!

Well, assuming I still have a job at that point! :Q
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Finna » 04 Jul 2009, 12:31

I can be there! Now I still have to remember it... *tries to find something to write it down*
*dissapears under a mountain of still-to-clean-up-holiday-stuff*
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shadowrend » 04 Jul 2009, 14:01

Agh..! Stop doing stuff while I'm out of money.. You'd better have a "event" plan for my return Pepsi! I don't like missing out on stuff, i get grumpy!

Though, enjoy it! :) (While you can.. Cuz' when i return, you're all doomed.)
Save yourself the trouble and let's face it, I rule, You fool!

Yey! Pepple made me a Sheriff! *flashes badge* Yea, that's right.

-Shada [SIZE="5"]-The God-[/SIZE] Stormflower.
Shadowrend
Undisputed God of PvP

Topic/Postby Shevron » 04 Jul 2009, 15:16

Apologies for not attending. Shev playing homage to gnomes will result in a cataclysmic reversal of the magnetic poles which will eventually lead in a temporal rift in the space time fabric, inverting the orbital patterns of electrons in all parallel dimensions.

In short: Attending goes against everything Shev stands for. No hard feelings.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Pepple » 04 Jul 2009, 16:15

And we already said, if you wanna go take Astra :p
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Finna » 05 Jul 2009, 07:11

I'm very sorry but I don't think I can come after all :( I had another appointment already which I overlooked and I don't think I can make it online intime.
Next time, Gadget, next time! :)
But if I can come, I will most certainly!
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Xantippe » 07 Jul 2009, 21:50

*Shamelessly posting the same as on the official Moonglade forum - 'tis late!*
A thank you goes out to all of those who attended, you made me happy Gnomette. And to those who won a prize, congratulations!

Here are some (quite random) picshurs!
Placing tokens
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2623/g ... event1.jpg

Skating!
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9503/g ... event2.jpg
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7171 ... event3.jpg
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1323 ... event5.jpg

The fickle campfire
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2038/gno ... event6.jpg
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/1319 ... event4.jpg
Xantippe
Clumsy Gnomette

Topic/Postby Lyntaria » 07 Jul 2009, 23:44

Sorry i couldn`t make it. Normally i work till 18.00, today I was home at 22.30, so after dinner and stuff, that makes me available about... now
Lyntaria

Topic/Postby Shevron » 08 Jul 2009, 07:39

Shev showed up too for 120 seconds. That's a lot!
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Next

Return to Events.