Hugs, booze and news

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Xantippe » 29 Sep 2009, 19:12

Hugs, booze and news

The Gnomette sat at her desk, making the quill twirl between her fingers in silent contemplation. Suddenly the desk made an abrupt movement backwards. A figure shot out from underneath it, almost giving the little lady a heart-attack, and made itself known with the words...
“Are you ready yet?” The candles lit Karvas’ impatient face.
“I’m working on it!” Xantippe waved her hand dismissively. “It’s not something to be taken lightly, you know.”
“Speaking of, how did Pepple react to our plans?” The human leant against the table.
“Of course he thinks it’s worth it, he’ll support me no matter what I do.” She sighed. “It’s just not easy to say goodbyes, especially in this case..”
“Well it never is, and it won’t get much easier either. We’ve got a lot to do!” He rubbed his hands together. “But that’s why we’re giving it another try. New adventures await!” He then continued to pat the gnomette. “I’ll leave you to it, for now.”
Watching her friend walk out the door, she grinned. It’d be another five minutes before he’d come storming inside again. She couldn’t lie to herself, she was pretty excited too.

Slowly she began to write a notice...

“Dear everyone in Rhyme and Punishment,

The past – how long has it been? – eight months give or take, I have had the pleasure of being in your company. You’ve all been very welcoming to myself, a Gnomette at the end of her wits, but also to the other Roses. And in the meantime, I’ve had a great time, so thank you all for that. I don’t regret a thing!

However, lately a couple of my old friends (spread over different guilds) have contacted me one by one, saying they felt something was missing. They couldn’t quite fit in where they were now, or wished they could return to the old days of The Silver Rose. To be honest, I get nostalgic too. And even though things can’t ever be exactly the same, I’ve always been a firm believer in second chances.

With the interest, effort and support for this ‘enterprise’ once again being alive, I’ve regained my motivation and inspiration aswell. I tend to go where I feel needed, and while it is cosy here, I’m sure you’ll all be fine. You won’t miss me either, mainly because we’ll stay in touch! But the challenge of a “new” Silver Rose awaits me.

In order to thank you all for putting up with me, and to honour Rhyme in general, I’m throwing a party! Because, lets face it... you guys ‘n girls deserve it. And I can’t just go without handing out free gnomish hugs first, can I?
Tuesday next week (6 October) starting around 19:30, in Lakeshire. Be there for a round of thank-you-hugs, some old-fashioned hide & seek and, of course, booze!

~Xantippe”
Xantippe
Clumsy Gnomette

Topic/Postby Toot » 29 Sep 2009, 19:55

*sheds a single, salty tear*
What's that? Hugs and booze? *wipes away the tear*
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 30 Sep 2009, 10:50

Arrrggghhhhh, can't make Tuesdays! Or 19:30.

Hehe, I'm not doing very well... :Q
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Xantippe » 30 Sep 2009, 16:53

Nawh, don't worry Dips! I'll give your hug in advance ;)
*Hugs Dip*
Xantippe
Clumsy Gnomette

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 30 Sep 2009, 18:22

I shall be there. I'd say you can count on it, but I can't be counted on to actually schedule raids *cough*.

Hmm, outfit... *wanders off towards bank*
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Finna » 01 Oct 2009, 08:19

Aww... :( Too bad... but remaking an old guild can be very much fun! I know that you can miss a guild very much, esp. when it's disbanded.
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Xantippe » 07 Oct 2009, 08:44

A crystal rose lay on the table, together with a picture.
--
Thanks all for coming, it was fun!
I'll be lurking around still, muhaha. :Q
Xantippe
Clumsy Gnomette

Topic/Postby Toot » 07 Oct 2009, 11:16

ha! I'm all hat
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Return to Events.