Guild meeeting!

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 27 Feb 2008, 13:47

Heh, silly me, forgot the time...
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Erethas » 27 Feb 2008, 20:14

I won't be on time, but I will try to get at some point for the filming at least.
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 28 Feb 2008, 05:02

Argh, I was logged to my trial account rogue named Ashandriel but had no way to contact you all since I can't whisper unless someone whispers me first (or if I'm at their friends list already).
I did eventually used the /who "Rhyme" to check where were you all. Saw "The Barrens" and "Durotar" and remembered to poke Pepple on msn about it. It seems you've done some shooting for a video *cries* I'm missing all the fun! Gief back the account and kill all the hackers in the process as well please!
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Pepple » 28 Feb 2008, 08:44

I did poke people to add you!

We'll see if trial accounts can join a guild later ;)
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Shevron » 28 Feb 2008, 09:34

Doubt they can. Ever since the trail accounts started being used for spam, they got very very restrictive. I remember being able to whisper people on my trial account (2 years ago) when the only trial accounts available were the ones that you found in WoW boxes.

Nowadays they're freely available from WoW website, so they tightened up the restrictions big time due to gold spammers.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 28 Feb 2008, 10:54

Get on at Blizzard... Phone them, mail them, hell, even get a GM to speak to me if they need someone to testify...
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 28 Feb 2008, 16:55

I think you can join guilds with a trial account. As for the "spammers" using trial accounts, it's only doable if they spam on /say . Trial accounts aren't allowed to speak in the general channels, can't trade, can't use the AH, can't whisper (unless whispered first or already on a friends list), can't yell, can't level a profession above a certain limit ... bla bla.

As for putting some pressure on Blizzard's side, I don't think it would work since I've saw so many people on the forums complaining about the waiting time on solving stuff and the blue pandas always answering they had received their emails and everything was still being taken cared of but the estimated time was above 2 weeks bla bla.
Submitting a new webform will probably only delay their work and sending emails wont work much too as they only answer back around 1-2 weeks later.
I can only imagine the amount of webforms and emails they must have received on the past month and they are actually hiring people to that department at the moment, so it explains the delay.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Nysard » 28 Feb 2008, 17:03

Phone them, you'll get a much better response and they are usually very helpfull :)

It'll also aid them as much as you, as they'll be able to ask you things they might want to know instead of having to send it via email then waiting :)
Nysard

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 28 Feb 2008, 17:40

My country (as usual) doesn't have a Blizzard support phone line. Also, we can't participate on most of the Blizzard's WoW contests due to legal issues yada yada.
Anyone wants to offer me a place to live at their country? *puppy eyes*
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Shevron » 28 Feb 2008, 18:00

I don't have a Blizzard support line either.

Being 2008, overseas calls are dirt cheap, so I just called the UK when I had a problem.

They were very very helpful and nice.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

PreviousNext

Return to Events.