(24-02) Coin hunt

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Finna » 22 Feb 2010, 15:05

(24-02) Coin hunt

Hi all, I know it's short notice but I'm kinda short on evenings this week, because I have to work a lot of evenings.

My proposal: A coin hunt with higher and lower levels to get the coins, and a lot of rep at that, and to help the lower levels to get the for them hard to reach coins :)

On Ehiela I still need the hard to reach coins in Kalimdor. Thanks to the great help of Seisance and her two person bike I got EK complete :)
So if we start with Kalimdor I can bring Finna once we complete that, if you like.

So tell me if you want to join! We need all the lower levels we can get and one, two, three or four higher levels to safely guide the kids through the dangerous areas ;)

I don't mind skipping Orgrimmar and TB though... UC might be worth trying although there are guards now also... they don't appear untill you got the coin, it seems ;)

So, who's with me?

Protectors:

* Finna (once Eh gets her last coins :))

Young'uns:

* Ehiela

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 22 Feb 2010, 15:32

I'm gonna have to pass, don't really feel like running around collecting coins and achievements when I don't need any more of them :P
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Finna » 22 Feb 2010, 17:17

Ok, you could ofcourse join with a higher level to be protector ;) it's just for a bit of fun (and rep... I for one want to get exalted with Darnassus with Eh ;))

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 22 Feb 2010, 17:39

Depends on the time really, though I might be at the cinema.... I'll keep prodding the person I'm supposed to be out with!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 22 Feb 2010, 17:50

I should be around but I can't be certain. Will help with one of the 3 Alliance characters that can help on Vanilla stuff.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Finna » 23 Feb 2010, 19:21

Shall we say 20:00h?

Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Finna » 25 Feb 2010, 13:23

Too bad to say that no one was online for the coin hunt... perhaps it was too early or something but it's strange that whenever I organise something (that goes for my guild on LB too) no one shows up but when someone else organises something, a horde of people shows up. What do I do wrong? :(

Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 25 Feb 2010, 13:45

I got there at 20:30 server time, anything before that is too early for me.

Anyhoo, important thing to do is give people plenty of notice. If you look at any event posted here, the ones people show up to have at the least a week's notice. Not everyone reads the forums daily and some people can't simply drop everything. But with sufficient notice, people will show.

I actually quite like the idea. I never got the coins this year because I'm lazy, but a bit of RP would improve it as opposed to just running around on your own.

One other thing, does it clash a bit with the Mithril Guard march thingy? Seems to be a similar aim there too.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Finna » 25 Feb 2010, 16:23

Yup, you can always "march" along with The Guard and get the coins :) My personal problem was just, I need the rep for Ehiela because I want to get her a white tiger instead of her purple elekk to ride on, and I'm nearly exalted with Darnassus :) and I want a dwarf to march that sunday so that'll be Brandy or Bey since Finna's got all coins already ;)

And yes I know, you're right, I should have done it with more time, perhaps we can arrange something else? Although I did mean it when I said no one ever shows up on my thingies - once I organised a Flight Path hunt on Lightning's Blade for my guild, where everyone could come and the young ones could get every flightpath. I put it on the calendar, was three or four weeks before the actual date.
I put it on the forum and in the guildMOTD, and adverticed it in guildchat.

21 people signed up on the calendar.
3 were online the day it would happen...

Yes that was a really nice surprise :( dissapointed me greatly.

Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shadowrend » 25 Feb 2010, 20:27

Here's something of interest, and It's a fact too, really helpfull.

.....Real life comes first, and for some, including me, that counts even if I were to put the smack down on The Lich King.

Doesn't matter what circumstance, but Real life is ahead of wow, I encourage it as well.
Don't frown, the reason most didn't show had little to do with you, but rather bad luck / timing, and yes, it can happen more then once, trust me, when you manage to break the same arm, 5 times in 5 years, anything can happen.

Lil' tip, plan ahead, and don't get far to high hopes, one can get disapointed that way.
Save yourself the trouble and let's face it, I rule, You fool!

Yey! Pepple made me a Sheriff! *flashes badge* Yea, that's right.

-Shada [SIZE="5"]-The God-[/SIZE] Stormflower.
Shadowrend
Undisputed God of PvP

Next

Return to Events.