Promoting RolePlay and the guild

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 02 Jun 2010, 15:39

Promoting RolePlay and the guild

Main idea: Get to lower level areas and interact with characters that are leveling to try and build some roleplay sense into them right from the start.

How?
We'll focus on players who have roleplay names and reward them with Runecloth Bags if they show that they can roleplay.
For example, we can have a couple of us at the frontier between Northshire and Elwynn Forest intercepting the newcomers and asking them to perform a small task such as going to the house near the lake where one of us will be waiting and give them an item that they have to give back to us at Northshire and then reward them with some silver coins and bags if they managed to do it in a roleplay way.
Even if they somehow fail in trivial things like knowing or names without us telling them, we can still teach them and give them basic hints about roleplay.

Why?
Because first impressions are usually decisive, and Goldshire is a nest of lol'ers so if someone is new to the game and his/her first contact with players is a bunch of duel spamming lol'ers, there's a high chance they'll turn into a lol'er themselves. If we can weight the balance a little bit to the RP side, there might be some hope left.

When?
We don't need to have specific dates, we can gather folks on a busy night and go do it.

Where?
Any low level area will work really. We'll just need to define a strategy or have something prepared if we want to do something more complex.

Any suggestions/ideas , pleaaaaase say so.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 02 Jun 2010, 17:01

Northshire would probably be the best place if you want numbers - A quick look at the number of characters from each race (on Warcraft Realms) implies that there are more humans than everyone else, with Elves second, Draenei third and the lil' folks combined being fourth.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 02 Jun 2010, 17:38

I approves of this. Sounds fun!

so does Cat Face... honestly!
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Claresta » 02 Jun 2010, 18:15

Sounds like an excellent plan, count me in.

Plus it's always nice to get away from Stormwind RP and spread out a lot more.
Claresta
Pow! Chepi & Mikola.

Topic/Postby Grimmlor » 02 Jun 2010, 19:03

yes sounds like fun
Grimmlor
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 02 Jun 2010, 20:31

I could lend a hand I guess... poke me when I'm around and I'll probably be happy to help :)
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Syrah » 02 Jun 2010, 22:51

Fully supporting this effort.
Even have a ton of runecloth I'm willing to donate, just need a tailor to turn em into bags
I have no particular talent... but I'm fun to be around :cherwina:
Syrah
Wiggles

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 02 Jun 2010, 23:03

Good idea, tried something like this myself in the past. The problem I encountered was the horde like to turn up to Goldshire and muck about pvp style. Then the place becomes a mess and RP is impossible.

I support Seren's idea of catching them in Northshire.
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Topic/Postby Shevron » 03 Jun 2010, 08:37

Though horde are only there in bursts .. not really all the time
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 14 Jul 2010, 11:23

Well, Alwynn and me haven't been idle (and indeed any else whose been around and interested in joining us).

Basically, we've just been wandering about, offering blessings and assistance to to those who need it. Sometimes we've just been ignored, but we've certainly found RP outside of the cities. We've wandered around the Azurmyst Isles (that one was very successful) and the Human low level areas (sometimes successful, sometimes not). Currently we're up in the Plaguelands, had a bit of fun in Southshore, then headed northwards, ending out at Light's Hope Chapel in the end.

We've also been lurking around the Cathedral in Stormwind, which is proving to be a decent RP area of an evening.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Next

Return to Events.