Afternoon sports

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 11 Jan 2011, 14:20

Afternoon sports

I've had an idea for a while that I've been itching to try out.

Before I say what it is, I just want to let you all know that this post's first function is to test for interest. :Q

So here's the deal, Rhyme and Punishment challenges The Mithril Guard to a bit of sport, namely a war game in a battleground of choice!

For those who don't know, since Cata we have had a "War game" option in the PvP pane, this allows us to form raids and challenge eachother to a friendly game of PvP, we don't gain honor or anything, and the aim of this event is for us all to share some laughs hopefully.

And I know most people in RnP either despise PvP or claim they suck at it, this doesn't matter at all, now I'm not forcing anyone to join, but the more the merrier I'd say (up to about 20 people, 10 people per side if we play WsG or Twin Peaks) Doesn't matter if you suck at PvP, in fact it just makes it better imo, cus the guardsmen aren't frequent PvPers either ;)

Now, The Mithril Guard has had some problems with activity in the guild lately, though I think it might have picked up slightly (Confirm this, Grov? :P) And as such, they might need to borrow some Rhymers for their team, I will be among the volunteers to join the Mithril Guard team in any case x)

So what do you guys say? :D
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Fereth » 11 Jan 2011, 14:33

I'm game. I've been toying with idea of arranging some sort of wargame event myself too. If we don't get enough folks to full scale battleground, there is always chance to have wargame arena matches.
Fereth
Rawr!

Topic/Postby Claresta » 11 Jan 2011, 14:40

I'm rubbish at it!

I'll sign up for it though with Chepi on whichever side. She will be happy to join her dwarf cousins and attempt to kill some Rhymers all in the name of fun.
Claresta
Pow! Chepi & Mikola.

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 11 Jan 2011, 15:02

After Shada left I guess I'm the only resident PvPer here, even though I haven't done it in a while :P except Alwynn though but he's busy these days I hear :P
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Voca » 11 Jan 2011, 16:26

I used to PvP a bit here and there, so I'm game I suppose. Might be a laugh trying out how paladins work on the field. :Q
HB: Waste exactly four hours on this tomfoolery.

If you are cold, it will warm you.
If you are too heated, it will cool you.
If you are depressed, it will cheer you.
If you are excited, it will calm you.
NOW SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!
Voca
Exactly 26 Belgiums

Topic/Postby Keiji » 11 Jan 2011, 16:51

I was a Knight Lt back in the day! Hah, I'll come...if its not WSG, I have developed a severe hatred of that place
Keiji
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Kayora » 11 Jan 2011, 16:53

I have a good friend in the Mithril Guard.. If I get to kick his ass, I'm definitely in!
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 11 Jan 2011, 17:47

KNIGHT CAPTAIN 4 LYF HOMIEEEEEZZZ.

Sounds like a lot of fun!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Syrah » 11 Jan 2011, 17:50

I hate PVP and I suck at it...

But meh, if you're one short you can always poke me
I have no particular talent... but I'm fun to be around :cherwina:
Syrah