Lessons in the Light

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 14 Apr 2011, 00:22

Lessons in the Light

Maribeth Misfit, floating gnome and Evangelist of the Holy Light has hit Stormwind and has been dismayed by what she has seen. Firmly believing that these people would be happier if they knew what she knows. Sad people will be happy, warlocks will cease their dark arts, thieves will stop stealing and Death Knights will stop being dead (there is actually a demented form of logic behind that last one).

So she's going to hold a Sermon. This will be a community event that once I've hammered out the details I will be advertising on the official forums. The first sermon will be a lore lesson on the actual beliefs of the church. If it's successful Maribeth may hold more sermons on specific subjects. This all will of course be slightly coloured by Maribeth's own views but I intend to keep the actual facts lore-wise correct.

I still have to make sure I have all my facts straight and draw up a basic script to follow. Once I've got that done I'll post up the details such as time and place here and make a post on the Moonglade forum.

Right now I'm posting this here to get a feel for what people think of it and to see if anyone had ideas they have. In particular I need a location. Ideally I'd use the Cathedral but there are trainers there so we'd be liable to get interruptions. Plus the High Priestess and the Archbishop would end up standing aside for a Novice priest. So any other ideas? What do people think?
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 14 Apr 2011, 01:42

Location-wise, I'd say the spot behind the cathedral, plenty of seating in neat rows and most of the lollers don't go there.

As for the idea, I like it, Lil would show up, but she might not be pleased with all she hears. :P
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 14 Apr 2011, 06:59

Ohohohoho!

Hm. There aren't many churches you can use.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Erethas » 14 Apr 2011, 07:46

Lilandris wrote:Location-wise, I'd say the spot behind the cathedral, plenty of seating in neat rows and most of the lollers don't go there.

Yeah, that place is great and should be put in good use.
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Toot » 14 Apr 2011, 09:57

For obvious reasons Toot won't be appearing. Darrington is likely to if I'm about.
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Kayora » 14 Apr 2011, 11:02

Sounds like fun! Kayora would be happy to come along, she has to sit through all sorts of sermons all the time anyway.

and Lil is probably right, behind the cathedral is the best place to host it
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 14 Apr 2011, 13:00

I think she managed to scare off the entire Scarlet Crusade last night.... It was hilarious.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 14 Apr 2011, 13:06

Behind the Cathedral would be ideal thinking on it. Wasn't sure of it because I didn't know how much traffic it had but if it doesn't see much then I'll go with that.

Serendipity wrote:I think she managed to scare off the entire Scarlet Crusade last night.... It was hilarious.

They seemed nice. :P
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Return to Events.